Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Buckled Alloy - Within Warranty?

Raizak

Hey guys, driving home from work tonight and i hit a pothole (which i didn't see, i suaually always avoid them and it hit the passenger front side with an almighty bang! I have the MK7 16" "10 spoke alloys". The strange thing is that I was planning on buying 17" aftermarket alloys tomorrow :blink:

There's now a violent shake when i reach the 70-80 mph speed and think it may be buckled! My old MK6 Fiesta had hit numerous pot holes and never had such a problem!

My mate reckons it might not be buckled and be a combo of needing tracking done and a few weights have been knocked off that wheel due to the pothole? :unsure:

My main question is, i purchased the MK7 on September 1st 2010, Would i still be within the cover period for the alloys? I heard someone say they're covered for the 1st 6 months or 1 year or something on here? :(

HELP!

Hey guys, driving home from work tonight and i hit a pothole (which i didn't see, i suaually always avoid them and it hit the passenger front side with an almighty bang! I have the MK7 16" "10 spoke alloys". The strange thing is that I was planning on buying 17" aftermarket alloys tomorrow :blink:

There's now a violent shake when i reach the 70-80 mph speed and think it may be buckled! My old MK6 Fiesta had hit numerous pot holes and never had such a problem!

My mate reckons it might not be buckled and be a combo of needing tracking done and a few weights have been knocked off that wheel due to the pothole? :unsure:

My main question is, i purchased the MK7 on September 1st 2010, Would i still be within the cover period for the Alloys? I heard someone say they're covered for the 1st 6 months or 1 year or something on here? :(

HELP!

It's worth a try but I doubt they are legally obliged to replace it but they may well do as a goodwill gesture seeing as it's only 5 months old.

My experience is that Ford will not help, hope i'm wrong but we've had this happen 3 times within a year and they haven't helped us!

My experience is that Ford will not help, hope i'm wrong but we've had this happen 3 times within a year and they haven't helped us!

They have helped others on here.

Do you not think the problem could be your dealer and if so, try another.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club