Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heavy Duty Springs???

bt_cav

Hey People :)

Has anyone heard of Heavy Duty springs? Are they available for the rear end of the focus's?

Maybe it is physiological but since I got new (quality :P ) springs and shocks on the front, the back seems a little bit bouncy :rolleyes: at the moment my boot is quite empty, but I have noticed when I have a full car ie 3 large people and my self the car sits a lot lower down at the back, and that was before the new springs & shocks

If I were to fit Heavy Duty rear springs would I need diffreent shockies??? :unsure:

I would really appreciate some words from the wise :)

Hey People :)

Has anyone heard of Heavy Duty springs? Are they available for the rear end of the focus's?

Maybe it is physiological but since I got new (quality :P ) springs and shocks on the front, the back seems a little bit bouncy :rolleyes: at the moment my boot is quite empty, but I have noticed when I have a full car ie 3 large people and my self the car sits a lot lower down at the back, and that was before the new springs & shocks

If I were to fit Heavy Duty rear springs would I need diffreent shockies??? :unsure:

I would really appreciate some words from the wise :)

you do get them mainly used for caravaners but new springs tend to take a bit to settle in the fronts were worn so the front would be lower down as a result the back would be higher up to compensate now the fronts are at there original level the back has dropped to compensate so its how it should be as the fronts wear and lose there springiness they do compess more it will likely feel bouncy till all settles down and wears in heavy duty springs should have uprated shocks to be honest i wouldnt bother the cars pretty much as it should be remember the rears are old now and not as springy the fronts are new thats why you shouldnt replace 1 spring as it basically tis the car the new front is new and fully uncompressed the rest arent so it pushes one side of the car up same idea with the fronts mate. the car should be sitting lower with weight in the back thats what bumpstops are for heavy duty springs on the rear for a non towing car wouldnt help the handling

• Like 1

Hey mate,

Cheers for your advice :)

Normally the car is fine but with a full tank and a car full of people it sat too low for my liking, maybe just have to accept it, after all its only occasionally there is as much weight in the car.

Im sure it will improve when I eventually get round to (afford) to renew the rear springs & shocks.

I saw extended bump stops for land rover defenders etc... on eBay :blink:

Hey mate,

Cheers for your advice :)

Normally the car is fine but with a full tank and a car full of people it sat too low for my liking, maybe just have to accept it, after all its only occasionally there is as much weight in the car.

Im sure it will improve when I eventually get round to (afford) to renew the rear springs & shocks.

I saw extended bump stops for land rover defenders etc... on ebay :blink:

it tends to look low but underneath isnt as low as you may think i made a mistake once chenged only 1 pass spring when it snapped and the car with new spring looked lop sided had the other replaced and it ws fine just didnt have the cash at the time to do both but its weird comparing a well used spring to a new one big difference

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club