Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Warning Light On - Car Bunny Hopping

jon200

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice with my 2004 Mondeo. The engine warning light has come on, and the bunny hops while driving, i can reach about 60mph (while bunny hopping) before the warning light starts to flash, when i have to reduce down to about 50mph to stop it flashing.

Does anyone have any idea what it may be? I'm trying to source a garage at the moment, i'm not keen on Ford main dealer as i've heard they have a reputation for ripping people off.

The other problem is that i have no other mode of transport so may have to keep driving it in the meantime.

it could be so many things, plugs,leads,coil pack,fuel filter,injectors ect,best thing to do is get the codes read so you have an idear of the problem is,any local garage should be cheaper than fords.

Ended up being the coil pack.

Phoned The AA in the end to get the error code, and he had the part in the van, so just bought it from them. Probably overpriced, but for pure convenience it seemed to be the way to go.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club