Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caliper Painting

calummac21

hey guys

im going to paint my calipers in the near future but have recently been torn into a split mind.

this comes as i have an 11 zetec s in black with the street pack, black & silver overlays, blue interior and the standard red dash lights. so i was going to go for red as red calipers on a black car always looks good. i have a can already from my previous car so it could also been out of laziness i was going to go for red.

BUT

i was sipping a can of monster the other day and well the black and green combination made me think it could look alright for the calipers and also how well ken block's black white and green monster fez works!

so anyone got any opinions on what would look better, red or green :)

hey guys

im going to paint my calipers in the near future but have recently been torn into a split mind.

this comes as i have an 11 zetec s in black with the street pack, black & silver overlays, blue interior and the standard red dash lights. so i was going to go for red as red calipers on a black car always looks good. i have a can already from my previous car so it could also been out of laziness i was going to go for red.

BUT

i was sipping a can of monster the other day and well the black and green combination made me think it could look alright for the calipers and also how well ken block's black white and green monster fez works!

so anyone got any opinions on what would look better, red or green :)

my mate got green.. please for the love of god dont :P red = win

is it really that bad? im not talking about a skoda green, im going for a full on flurescent monster green!

i tr and get a snap for ya if ya like... he loves it but i think it looks daft lol

yeah that would be good, wouldnt mind seeing a shot of it. the monster can looks great, the only niggle in my mind is the green wont look as bright hidden behind the silver wheels so i could well be going down the red road!

Blue looks ok but red wins for me. Has anyone fitted those caliper painted covers available from the states???? No painting needed, just clip em on,

You guys have done a really good job, is it hard to paint calipers?

You guys have done a really good job, is it hard to paint calipers?

Nope, wire brush to clean it then get a can of Hammerite and slap it on :)

188607_10150224389073438_513878437_9086365_6878655_n.jpg

Would you have to take of the caliper to spary it or can you do it with it on.

I did mine in white to roughly match the paintwork, and to contrast the dark anthracite of the wheels:

1411iix.jpg

Would you have to take of the caliper to spary it or can you do it with it on.

I used a brush and did it whilst still on the car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club