Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinion Needed On Colour

shaunyg

when i purchase a new car i always like to do small things that make it my own, different from the norm. i've decided that the front grilles and fog light surrounds on my 10 plate focus need a change of colour, no overly keen on the grey! now i need to decide what colour :huh:

my car is panther black, so my first thought is to do the grilles and fog surrounds panther black as well or should i go for a good contrasting colour? not sure if a contrasting colour would look daft, what are your thoughts?

i did this on last focus, took everything off, good clean, couple of coats of primer, followed satin black spray and a clear laquer for that high gloss finish and the difference was awesome

decisions decisions........

how about chrome...with black lines to make it stick out a little

how about chrome...with black lines to make it stick out a little

i like the idea, how hard would it be to get the black lines on and is there any good chrome effect paints out there?

would need a good chrome paint as the focus has a chrome strip on the tip of the bonnet so would need a close match to that

Yeah my first thoughts were chrome too.

(I'm a slight chrome fan as can be seen below)

im not too sure on chrome paints...i was looking at turning some black plastic trim on the exterior and thought about trying to get hold of some chrome film/wrap. from what i have heard chrome paints turn silvery if not done properly etc.

only problem is how to get the film/wrap.

lines would be relatively easy, use masking tape to mark out the lines if that makes sense.

I wouldnt say my grill is grey, but is more black anyway. If you were to spray it, it would have to be a very good coating due to this part of the car attracting more stone chips and flies than any other.

I put a strip of chrome trim around the grill to break it up a bit.

ah chrome film/wrap, i thought you meant using a chrome spray, i have seen companies that make chrome strips that you can clip over plastic grilles etc!

last time i did it on my ST it stood up very well to the stone chips etc pretty well so confident it will again this time! on e question tho how hard is it to remove the lower and upper grilles?

been thinking about it more today and think i'm gonna go with panther black, think it will look smart all the same colour but will see when its done!

quick question, is the zetec-s lower front grille a straight swap? and am i righ in the guessing that the zetec-s upper grille is the same as the normal zetec?

cheers

There was some discussion about the grill in another topic and I think the conclusion was that the lower grill is a straight swap for the Zetec S grill.

And I think the upper grill is that same on a Zetec as it is on a Zetec S.

There was some discussion about the grill in another topic and I think the conclusion was that the lower grill is a straight swap for the Zetec S grill.

And I think the upper grill is that same on a Zetec as it is on a Zetec S.

thanks very muchly :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club