Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights

2011fiesta

Tonight I removed the white bulbs from the footwell lighting and inserted blue LEDs. Looks different - only thing I'm not keen on is they seem to act more as little spot lights rather than giving the whole footwell area a blue glow. hmmmm........

Any suggestions - should I use blue bulbs instead of LEDs??

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Paul.

You need a wedge LED bulb that has 6/9/10/12/15 LED's to get a better spread of light, looks good ;)

I put red Lights in and it did the same

photo.jpg

These are the bulbs i used

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-RED-LED-BULBS-501-T10-ULTRAVISION-12V-WEDGE-/130430462891?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5e42ebab#ht_3984wt_907

Can anyone recommend any bulbs that dont just leave a spotlight effect and illuminate all the footwell?

Thanks

LED's by there nature usually give a very directional and controlled light, depending on different lens' used, you could try using a shallow reflector dish to give the LED plenty of spill across the floor, or position it facing a small convex mirror to achieve the same result. You could also just wire more in.

Alternatives:

LED's with more spread/spill/flood

Strip LED's

You'll struggle to match that colour with a halogen bulb, Incandescent bulbs may be viable but hard work

Looks awesome anyway, good luck!

Can anyone recommend any bulbs that dont just leave a spotlight effect and illuminate all the footwell?

These are what you want - the ones I have :)

Thanks, I'll get them ordered now. can't wait to have it sorted. was well disappointed when i installed the bulbs i have in now!

get cluster LEDS... the ones i got are a cluster of 12... best way about this, go on eBay or something and search 'wide angle 501 leds' thats all i did and they flood the footwell

like sooo

11052010112.jpg

Nice one, just ordered them...looks like i've got a long wait though..they're from hong kong! Will be worth the wait though!

Cheers matey!

It says Hong Kong but mine came from Bristol...

Nice one, just ordered them...looks like i've got a long wait though..they're from hong kong! Will be worth the wait though!

Cheers matey!

you will be surprised they come quicker than you think

Hope so. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

It says Hong Kong but mine came from Bristol...

That's nice :D

never mind the bulbs someone has nicked one of your pedals.

Lol just when I thought all the automatic jokes were over and done with :-D

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll order some wide angle ones later on

Cheers

Paul.

There is a trick with LEDs where you file down the top of the bulb to give a much greater spread of light. Just be careful you done remove too much.

Hope it helps

If you’re just after a red glow; try painting the bulbs with some red nail varnish –quick, easy and if you’re not happy can be removed with nail varnish remover.

Best ask your girlfriend/wife first before ‘borrowing’ hers.

I might just give that a go before buying more bulbs Musketter.

And good suggestion CYB, but I'm after a blue glow so highly doubt theres blue polish close to hand. lol

I was going to go for red but after seeing the all new Focus, blue ambient lighting seems the latest thing.

cheers

I'd say the wide angle cluster rather than the block, reason is the block may struggle to fully light the floor as it's only 1 LED in each direction. The cluster should give enough spread to fully light the footwell with a consistent good light, however, you can never really tell with lights - particularly LEDs - Because there's rarely measurements of power or beam behaviour.

If you can wait a while, check out http://www.dealextreme.com they have a good selection of cheap LED's. Including ones designed for automotive use.

i would have to say the cluster (mainly because they work for me) unless someone could show how them bunch SMD's look when plugged in

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for your replies.

My blue LED clusters arrived today :)

From left to right:

- Fords white bulb

- My original replacement blue LED(4) which made a blue circle spotlight on the floor

- and on the right is the blue LED clusters(12) that have just turned up.

IMG_0272.jpg

I've just put them in so I'll post a pic of the result later when it gets dark - which probably won't be til after 10.30 :(

Fingers crossed for a glow lol

The results.

Even brighter than I expected, maybe even brighter than I wanted. lol.

Might have crossed the blue amblient glow line now and more into chav territory hmm, not decided yet. :unsure:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

ohwell, I can't be bothered to change em for a third time. :lol:

edit - god that brake pedal looks fat lol

Paul :)

The results.

Even brighter than I expected, maybe even brighter than I wanted. lol.

Might have crossed the blue amblient glow line now and more into chav territory hmm, not decided yet. :unsure:

ohwell, I can't be bothered to change em for a third time. :lol:

edit - god that brake pedal looks fat lol

Paul :)

Good one Paul!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club