Do Not Sell My Personal Information

handrake cable replaced in warranty

MORTY

I had the passenger side handbrake replaced last july in warranty by the local ford dealer in swansea. The car was out of warranty at the end of September but the same handbrake cable has gone again with the rear passenger side brake sticking on and resulting in the disk heating up.

Can anyone tell me whether I can go back to the dealer to get it sorted out again as the original repair was only done last july.. Would the original warranty work be guaranteed for a specific period

• 8 months later...

I had the passenger side handbrake replaced last july in warranty by the local ford dealer in swansea. The car was out of warranty at the end of September but the same handbrake cable has gone again with the rear passenger side brake sticking on and resulting in the disk heating up.

Can anyone tell me whether I can go back to the dealer to get it sorted out again as the original repair was only done last july.. Would the original warranty work be guaranteed for a specific period

Hi ive been having trouble with my brake sticking on and heating up, and put a second hand caliper on. Unfortunately this does the same after drivng distance with regular braking it starts squeaking and heating up! I didnt think it was the handbrake cable as surely it would do it as soon as you released the handbrake?? or am i wrong??

morty you should have a 12 months warrenty on any ford part that is supplied by them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club