Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Help

eggy25

Hi guys, First post

I own a Fiesta 05 plate Zetec its done 91k miles, Bit much i no, But yesterday for first time in ages i checked the oil and i found there wasnt any sight of oil on the dip stick after checking

Im just wundering why my oil light didnt activate? It lights up when enginge is started so that rules out any lighting issue.

Ive put a litre of oil in as a guide and its taken it too the minimum marker on the stick. So was really low

Any Ideas?

Cheers lads!

Hi guys, First post

I own a Fiesta 05 plate Zetec its done 91k miles, Bit much i no, But yesterday for first time in ages i checked the oil and i found there wasnt any sight of oil on the dip stick after checking

Im just wundering why my oil light didnt activate? It lights up when enginge is started so that rules out any lighting issue.

Ive put a litre of oil in as a guide and its taken it too the minimum marker on the stick. So was really low

Any Ideas?

Cheers lads!

I guess you just got lucky and there was just enough oil pressure to stop the light coming on. Top it up to max and keep an eye on it.

Cheers mate will do

Another qeuestion i asked a few guys at work and they said the only way to lose oil is either

A- Burn it off which produces black smoke out of exhaust

B- Have a leak

I have neither so is it possible i have just used all this oil in this period?

Not have much idea of car mechanics etc.

Tar

Like btmaldon said there was probably enough oil in the sump to keep the pressure up, but you've probably spotted it in time. If it was really really low then your crankshaft would have been starved from oil, unlike the camshafts and cylinder head etc which are fed by an oil pump the crankshaft and pistons are lubricated by the crankshaft splashing in the oil, if that makes sense.

Don't worry too much about using a little bit of oil. With that milaege anyway I would personally expect an engine to be using a little bit of oil. When I bought my car the oil was a little low but was still showing on the dipstick so like you I probably spotted it just in time! Check your oil every couple of weeks I'm sure you'll be fine don't worry :)

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club