Do Not Sell My Personal Information

temperature gauge sudden change to red

tatt169

hello,just looking for advice on my 2000 petrol focus,i had a problem with the temperature gauge over winter,upon say 30 minutes into a journey all would be well (needle remained center between hot and cold) but all of a sudden without warning the needle jumps straight to red. thought it could be an airlock as one of the hoses from the water coolent bottle wasnt warming up.anyways took to mechanics he bled the system and changed the thermostat valve as he said this was most prob the cause ,worked fine for two weeks over xmas but i stuck to the roads and a steady pace ,however new years day of all days i took it on the M65 maxing prob 80mph it did the same,jumped straight to red 20mins into my journey.coolent level was an inch above max when i checkd at side of road(was topped up just below max mark and checked regularly)

has anybody had this prob as it is doing my nut in,paranoid about cooking the engine.

any help would be much appreciated,many thanks in advance guys.

hello,just looking for advice on my 2000 petrol focus,i had a problem with the temperature gauge over winter,upon say 30 minutes into a journey all would be well (needle remained center between hot and cold) but all of a sudden without warning the needle jumps straight to red. thought it could be an airlock as one of the hoses from the water coolent bottle wasnt warming up.anyways took to mechanics he bled the system and changed the thermostat valve as he said this was most prob the cause ,worked fine for two weeks over xmas but i stuck to the roads and a steady pace ,however new years day of all days i took it on the M65 maxing prob 80mph it did the same,jumped straight to red 20mins into my journey.coolent level was an inch above max when i checkd at side of road(was topped up just below max mark and checked regularly)

has anybody had this prob as it is doing my nut in,paranoid about cooking the engine.

any help would be much appreciated,many thanks in advance guys.

maybe a duff temp sensor, i had this problem before on a renault. almost exactly the same as what you are experiencing. Maybe a good system flush would help too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club