Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec Mk8 Induction Kit???

Djianb

HI IVE JUST BROUGHT A BRAND NEW FIESTA ZETEC (61 PLATE) AND WANTED TO FIT AN INDUCTION KIT ON IT BUT UNSURE OF WHICH ONE WOULD FIT? ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED.

CHEERS

IAN

wow caps lock does turn off you know...

What size engine do you have? For the 1.6 Ti-VCT engine, the general oppinion is that the J1 Automotive kit works the best, sounds great too, but tbh I don't know about any other engine size because I havn't looked, I'm sure that someone will be able to shed more light though.

wow caps lock does turn off you know...

What size engine do you have? For the 1.6 Ti-VCT engine, the general oppinion is that the J1 Automotive kit works the best, sounds great too, but tbh I don't know about any other engine size because I havn't looked, I'm sure that someone will be able to shed more light though.

ah 61 plate is still a mk7, there is no mk8. Some people consider it a mk8 as they think of the 6.5 as the 7 but not many.

• Like 1

Mine too! The 61 plate changes are pretty minimal so it doesn't even really count as a face lift.

The J1 key seems pretty well thought of on here. I know outside of Ford forums, BMC carbon systems are good, but am not sure they do one for the fiesta.

Have to say the J1 automotive one is great. Got one myself and have to say it sounds AMAZING and the throttle response has improved along with general pace :) would definitely recommend

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say the J1 automotive one is great. Got one myself and have to say it sounds AMAZING and the throttle response has improved along with general pace :) would definitely recommend

does fitting an induction kit trigger the hex flag on the ecu to say it has been modified thus void your warranty and does the j1 still sound good and make a performance differance to a 1.6 tdci with dpf

We have this debate every now and again regarding the mk numbers.

The current model is referred to here on FOC as the mk7, however this doesn't make much sense.

We refer to both the original version of the mk6 and the face lifted mk6 as the same car (sometimes using 6.5 for the facelift). Now that's fine - but if we're not treating the facelifts as separate models then the mk4 and mk5 are the same car. So if we're consistent, what we call the mk5 should be the mk4.5 - which would make the current model the mk6 (this is the way wikipedia has it).

However - you can go the other way, if you put the facelifts as separate models, then the current model becomes the mk8 - and several aftermarket parts manufacturers refer to it as such.

At the end of the day - there's no right or wrong.

All I did to my Mk7 was put a Raceland cone filter off of a Saxo, and put it on the original hose that goes to the throttle body. I also left the bottom half of the original air box in so that it still has a cold air feed. And the result ... sounds awesome!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club