Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Excess Reving

nightdriver

Ive got a mondeo 2.0 tdi zetec 60 plate when i pull away in first then dip the clutch to go into 2nd it keeps on reving up to about 3500 revs this dont happen all the time and it never happens between any other gears 3 ford dealers have looked at it one said they done it but its still happening anyone else had this problem Help please

• 1 month later...

I get exactly the same from my 1.8tdci. A friend has a similar problem with his 2.0tdci S Max. Always in first-second gear change, and not every time.

Apparently, it is something that is in the software to stop the car stalling! I find it embarrassing because it always seems to be when I'm where there are pedestrians about who think I'm either drunk or have big feet!

I'm going to get it booked into Ford since the car has only done 5000 miles. It's done it since I had it new, but I just don't seem to get around to being able to do without it.....

I did discuss it once with a remapping guy that I got talking to. He reckons he has remapped quite a few that do this, particularly the 1.8 models. He also says he can get a better performance curve. However, I'd better try to get it done by Ford first because of any warranty issues!

My problem goes deeper perhaps than yours. The 1.8tdci does not have a good spread of power as standard - Nothing below 1700rpm, then a surge of power at this point (not looking forward to ice & snow), then the power drops off again at just over 3000rpm. Great car on motorways, but not the easiest around town because it isn't punchy enough at low revs to pull away smoothly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club