Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 2009 1.4 Titanium Mpg?

Adamy

4 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average mpg?

• 49+

Hi, I've now owned my 2009 1.4 titanium fiesta for 1 week and and disappointed about the mpg! On what I describe as an average journey of a combined mixture of motorway & town driving I am only getting 39 mpg.

My journey to work is 9 miles, 5 miles at 60 the rest 30/40 mph. I know mpg is affected my al sorts of factors but was wondering what other people are getting. This is my no means sciencetific but thought it would be interesting.

Basically as I have only had the car for a week I want to try & work out if my mpg is average of maybe there is something wrong with my car making it worth a trip to the dealer!!!

Cheers

Adam

I don't see anything wrong with that? I used to have a 1.4 MK6.5 (previous version) and would average 40mpg on petrol.

Are you petrol or diesel?

Also, it is the worst time of year for mpg because of lights, heaters, wipers, etc all on and eating up fuel. Traffic is often worse as well.

Only a week in you are still adapting to the specifics of the car too don't forget.

Cheers

Rog

Fair points guys, maybe 40mpg is average but it's a lot lower than the combined 47 mpg on the specs.

Btw it's a petrol

MPG figures advertised are those obtained in laboratory conditions to ensure that all cars are tested in the same way.

This means you can fairly compare different cars/models but is not representative of those obtained in 'real life' ;)

And as has been said above, you've only had it a week and are getting used to driving a new car.

I always base a car on 'urban' as a figure. Urban for this car is quoted as 37.9. Anything above that I consider a bonus. Obviously on a long run your more likely to get the 'combined' figure but it's very doubtful you'll ever get the 'extra urban'

That's how I've always worked things and i've never been dissapointed then :)

photo3bl.jpg

i always add the urban and combined figures together then divide the number by 2 then that is what 95 % of people will get out of there car i.e

for a fiesta 1.4 titanium 47 + 38 = 85 / 2 = 42.5 mpg

For all the cars I've owned my driving style and typical journeys work out at about 85% of combined mpg. That would mean I would expect about 39-40mpg out of a car that claims 47mpg. Your's sounds OK by that measure.

Cheers

Rog

I have a 2009 1.4 Petrol 3 door Titanium and have averaged around 46 MPG over the last 16 months or so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club