Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap Or Superchip?

james132

I know its not my thread,

I have the 2.0L Duratec HE petrol, what sort of gains would i be looking at for a remap / bluefin?

No records on their website

I know its not my thread,

I have the 2.0L Duratec HE petrol, what sort of gains would i be looking at for a remap / bluefin?

No records on their website

Off the top of my head i think your engine is the 150Ps Duratec HE? also available in 140/145Ps versions, if so the same engine is fitted the the Fiesta ST150,,Mondeo and also one of the Ford people carriers

You could contact Superchips and they may help you

Its a bit confusing because different engines were called "Duratec"

There is a Superchips bluefin for this engine, the ST150 measured 155bhp "Before" and 165bhp "after" - so only a 10HP gain, (and 12Nm of torque) this is typical for NA engines, with smaller gains than turbo engines

It may increase throttle response/ sharpness as well

The NA Bluefins are cheaper - £199 with the 20% off promotion compared to approx £320 for a turbo (but a turbo has bigger gains)

I want to chip my car but my gfs brother is a car mechanic and if you say use a superchip or anything simular including a tuning box a hexflag will come up within the ecu and these flags cannot be cleared. Car companies do this so if your car is under warranty and you but one of these and install it.. all being well you use it and the car needs a service and they find other things wrong that involves warranty and they've plugged it in. These flags will cone up and they all have individual codes and theses codes say what has been changed/altered. And the car conpay will just laugh at you. But I would love to chip mine. I e got a dog on mine so there's no point as there will be no great difference plus I like having a warranty. But blanking egr valve won't effect warrenty and it won't cause any flags on ecu. I've got a kn on my 1.6tdci and the car is much better in acceleration. But yeah.. sorry to waffle on lol

Good point - there are (at least) 3 ways round the hexflag -

1 - wait untill after the warrantee runs out (so it does not matter) to fit a tuning box or remap

2 - fit a specially calibrated tuning box, that modifies the signal from the MAF sensor enough to increase fuelling for more power/ torque, but not enough to trigger the hexflag - as far as the ECU is concerned the MAF is working within normal parameters, if the box is removed no-one would be "any the wiser"

3 - the ECU is "hacked" or flashed - the chip/ components could be cloned / replaced/ re- written - this may involve phisical tampering / swapping the ECU rather than a regular serial port (OBD11) remap

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club