Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake warning light?!?

jdh

Hi there people, am hoping someone out there has a much larger knoledge than me when it comes to problems and things!

Basiclly i bought a fiesta from a dealer about 6 months ago, x reg 60k on the clock, and is the 1.3 engine. Has been fine since i had it, but recently ive noticed that when i slow from say 4th gear to 2nd gear i get the handbrake light come on??? or also if im in traffic and crawling it will come on until i stop competely and put the handbrake on then take it off again. ive had it looked over at local garage and all fluid levels brake pads are fine, so im sort of stuck. . .

Any one with any help is much appreciated!

cheers james

Hi there people, am hoping someone out there has a much larger knoledge than me when it comes to problems and things!

Basiclly i bought a fiesta from a dealer about 6 months ago, x reg 60k on the clock, and is the 1.3 engine. Has been fine since i had it, but recently ive noticed that when i slow from say 4th gear to 2nd gear i get the handbrake light come on??? or also if im in traffic and crawling it will come on until i stop competely and put the handbrake on then take it off again. ive had it looked over at local garage and all fluid levels brake pads are fine, so im sort of stuck. . .

Any one with any help is much appreciated!

cheers james

you could always take the bulb out !

Its odd that it comes on randomly when your moving and not touching the handbrake. if it was a sticky switch id expect it to stay on after you release the handbrake for a while!

Check your manual and see if the warning light is shared between brake fluid level and handbrake. If it is, then I would guess you have a dodgy fluid level sensor, which is coming on and off as the brake fluid sloshes around it :)

Just a guess from what you've said mind :)

check your brake fluid level switch connections and while your there double check the fluid level.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club