Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Clean My Injectors ?

brooksey

Hi i bought a mk3 mondeo 2.0 tdci which is running abit lumpy also limp mode kicks in when i try to overtake on the motorway

could any of you talk me through the best way of cleanning them / does and donts and ive heard they are coded ect

thanks

liam

if they are sent away for cleaning as long as the same injector goes into there origanal position they will not have to be recoded back to the car, any new or recon injectors will have to be recoded, are you shure its the injectors at fault? get a leak of test done to confirm this, when was the fuel filter last changed as an old filter could also give the porblems you have.

ive only just serviced the car at the weekend and thought that would help ive also put injector cleaner through it. how much would it cost to send them away to be cleaned ?

the cars running rough at idle which i thought would be to do with the injectors when driveing it pulls smooth if you try to overtake or accelerate hard in 5th the car goes in to limp mode and sometimes just cut out soon as you turn off and on its ok

its driving me crazy lol

cheers liam

you could try cleaning the egr valve and see if there is any improvement.

update ive cleaned the egr valve even did the inlet and still running rough going to drive it today and see what its like might take afew miles to settle after removing inlet ect

Was the fuel filter changed with a Bosch, Delphi, ford or motor factor part?

Is there any knocking noises?

Does The roughness go away if you rev a little ?

What's your mileage ect?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club