Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Gauge Pod/trim Fitted

salsheikh

Whilst the missus was away, I thought I'd do a bit of 'squeeky bum' work on the car!

I used Lenny's fantastic guide to help me but as I didnt have a dremel I used a stanley knife, a small handsaw and a chisel.

This created less mess which was good but I did have the hoover to hand to clean up the debris.

I also cut the locating pins as cutting the plastic was difficult due to lack of access/correct tools.

It is stuck down using Sikaflex, maybe should have used double sided sticky tape in case I need to remove it (shouldnt need to).

All I have to do now is find some gauges and hrdwire it in.

post-28472-0-86484600-1341777818_thumb.j

post-28472-0-98807400-1341777893_thumb.j

post-28472-0-50983800-1341777964_thumb.j

post-28472-0-66391000-1341778046_thumb.j

post-28472-0-79226600-1341778117_thumb.j

looks good mate,

and nice idea with cutting off the clips, end result is the same and theirs no reason why you would ever nee to remove it so glueing it is fine. have you purchased gauges yet ? or what gauge are you putting in boost and ?

i have some hal an A4 page size of clear perspex and matt black vinyl left from mine if you want it for filling the gap between the gauges.

not sure of which gauges yet mate but I might take you up on the clear perspex offer! A boost and oil pressure gauge will do the job I thinks.

not sure of which gauges yet mate but I might take you up on the clear perspex offer! A boost and Oil pressure gauge will do the job I thinks.

no probs PM me your address and ill post them on wednesday,

i still have to finish my oil pressure gauge by fitting the sensor but i purchased thw wrong size of T piece adaptor for the sensor.

so teying to sell it and buy the proper one that fits.

You could always fit a scanguage if you don't want to tap into pipes.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a12509720

Lenny did put this up as an option on his original posts.

http://www.fordowner...__1#entry170807

yes i have discussed fitting the scangaugeII before but i never checked the dimensions to see if it would actually fit in their,

however if it did fit then it would be a good option because the backlight on the scangaige can be set to match the stereo colour of illumination,

and the scangauge you linked stoney is the fuel econemy one, this is the one he would need for readout of sensors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ScanGauge2-Trip-computer-fuel-meter-scan-tool-for-SMART-/180587708590?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2a0bddc0ae

scangauge.jpg

They all look the same to a biff like me. :P

They all look the same to a biff like me. :P

lol the first one you linked would be ideal for a mk1 focus owner who wants to monitor their MPG and maximise efficency but the mk2 and mk2.5 onwards have this thech built in to the speedo cluster,

however the scangauge two is the one that displays voltage and engine temperature etc. i thought you would be a professional on additional dash read out equipment sprint.gif

lol the first one you linked would be ideal for a mk1 focus owner who wants to monitor their MPG and maximise efficency but the mk2 and mk2.5 onwards have this thech built in to the speedo cluster,

however the scangauge two is the one that displays voltage and engine temperature etc. i thought you would be a professional on additional dash read out equipment sprint.gif

Yeah you'd think so. :P

dash21.gifhelp1.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club