Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Ford Focus, Help Identify Pipe

Tripp

Hi guys im in the process of stamping out a revving problem my car has developed when I depress the clutch - advice on the web is to start with cleaning the throttle body (which i have, its was a bit gunky)

HOWEVER whilst refitting the throttle body I noticed a pipe at the back of the car that had collapsed.

I dont know what pipe it is which is why I need you to identify it (see image below) so I can buy a new one.

P1050675.jpg

when I wiggle it a bit I can hear a hissing/whistling noise. Do you think this may also be the cause of my high revs?

pcv hose it theres 3 parts to it the bent piece shown in the pic that goes to the back of the throttle replace that as well they collapse when accelerating then the straight piece which runs to another joint then a small bend to the pcv valve judging by the gunk ide pull the pcv valve out and clean it ford call it an emision hose if they bring it up on there computer they can get the part numbers

yes pcv hose/emission hose my old car was the mk1 1.8 i had to do mine its common with the new one itrg advised to wrap tin foil around the bend area as its the heat that causes the hose to collapqgpe

You could get sillicone hoses instead, bit pricier but look nicer and don't collapse.

• 4 months later...

Hello - I'm sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm struggling. My Mk1 focus (05, 1.6 Edge) is having a bit of a rough idle & searching the web suggests to check/replace the pcv hose; however, I can't find it :wacko: I'm not particularly car savvy I'm afraid, although I did remove the ICV & give it a clean - no difference.

Is the photo in the first post taken from the top or underneath the car? Sorry for the n00b question, but any help would be much appreciated.

searching the web suggests to check/replace the pcv hose; however, I can't find it :wacko:

MK1?

Petrol or Diesel?

On the petrol engine the PCV hose runs to a small filter in the bottom of the air filter housing, look for a small hose coming off the bottom of the box.

It may well be worth opening the air filter housing and check that the filter is clean, it's a small square thing and is recommended to replace it rather than attempt to clean it.

Follow the pipe back to the valve which can be removed with pliers, turn anti-clockwise to pull it out.

Check the orientation of the valve prior to removing and a new one goes back in the same direction, just push it in to fit.

To test the valve you pinch and release the hose with pliers and should hear the valve clicking on and off.

Many thanks for your reply

MK1?

Petrol or Diesel?

Mk1, 05 plate, 1.6 petrol

On the petrol engine the PCV hose runs to a small filter in the bottom of the air filter housing, look for a small hose coming off the bottom of the box.

It may well be worth opening the air filter housing and check that the filter is clean, it's a small square thing and is recommended to replace it rather than attempt to clean it.

Follow the pipe back to the valve which can be removed with pliers, turn anti-clockwise to pull it out.

Check the orientation of the valve prior to removing and a new one goes back in the same direction, just push it in to fit.

To test the valve you pinch and release the hose with pliers and should hear the valve clicking on and off.

Looks like I need to learn what some parts are ^_^ - or maybe buy a manual or something; can I do this from under the bonnet, or will I need to get under the car?

Thanks again

Once you trace the pipe around you'll know better whether it's easier to access from above or below.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club