Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Aerial base

old cruiser

Might be a daft question! on the roof aerial on the MK6 is it just a cover on the base of the aerial as it appears ours is a little loose, not bad but just moves a bit although the aerial itself seems to be quite firm, just don't want any water leaks!!

Cheers Pete

1087087.jpg

Looking at the above pic for Ford Parts UK thats the base for your fiesta. This is also the same as on my Mk1 focus so presumably it fastens on the same. Mine is held on my 2 locating tabs 1 at the front and 1 at the back and one bolt through the aerial wire from the inside behind the courtesy light. There should be a rubber seal between the base and the bodywork to prevent leaks. If its loose, try removing your courtesy light, look up and you should see the screw that fastens it to the car. Try tightening it a bit. I think mine does move a little too though, to prevent the wind damaging the roof panel.

1087087.jpg

Looking at the above pic for Ford Parts UK thats the base for your fiesta. This is also the same as on my Mk1 focus so presumably it fastens on the same. Mine is held on my 2 locating tabs 1 at the front and 1 at the back and one bolt through the aerial wire from the inside behind the courtesy light. There should be a rubber seal between the base and the bodywork to prevent leaks. If its loose, try removing your courtesy light, look up and you should see the screw that fastens it to the car. Try tightening it a bit. I think mine does move a little too though, to prevent the wind damaging the roof panel.

Nice one, thanks for that mate, just checked the ariel itself again and it seems secure, just seems like the plastic cowel bit that sits at the base of the ariel on the roof seems to have movement, maybe it's just a sort of cosmetic cover to a degree? Incidently do you know where I can get access to ford parts info' ?

Cheers Pete

Ford Parts UK

Anything you need but dont see on the site, e-mail Trevor using this page. They are a main Ford dealership and can source any part at all. They just cant list them all on the web

Thanks a lot for that info' mate

Cheers Pete

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club