Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Fiesta Lock Removal

Deano3202

Hello guys

This is my first post after picking up a run around for the missis.

I picked her up a s reg mk4 1.3 (wanted a 1.4 zetec but couldn't find a decent one without paying what I thought was over the top money) any way the 1.3 was a bargain and has come with a few problems.

The main being the drivers door lock is falling out of the door!! It was clearly siliconed in place before that only came apparent after I got the car.

I took the door card of (need a new one as part damaged before I got it) and found that the rear of the door lock is protected by a black metal casing obviously to prevent easy theft!

For the life of me I can't see how this box comes of ! All I can't see is bolts that secure the window runner to the door.. I want to get to te rear of the lock so I can find a way to secure the lock from pulling out the door!

I've looked on the site but can't see anything obvious so does anyone have a how to thread or can explain how I do it ?

Many thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club