Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Focus Headlight Issue (Alignement)

.Ryan

IMG_1799.jpg

I've mentioned this in another topic but thought it would be worth posting this.

Took the car to a reputable local independant garage who tried to adjust the headlights (as the beams were firing all over the place) but they could not do it.

The chap said that the motor is not working, when he was turning, nothing was happening at all.

He reckons I may need a new set of headlamps as they are a sealed unit? Could work out very expensive and the last thing I need right now.

Anyone have any knowledge of this or any tips? I have posted a picture to show the units involved.

Thanks folks.

IMG_1799.jpg

I've mentioned this in another topic but thought it would be worth posting this.

Took the car to a reputable local independant garage who tried to adjust the headlights (as the beams were firing all over the place) but they could not do it.

The chap said that the motor is not working, when he was turning, nothing was happening at all.

He reckons I may need a new set of headlamps as they are a sealed unit? Could work out very expensive and the last thing I need right now.

Anyone have any knowledge of this or any tips? I have posted a picture to show the units involved.

Thanks folks.

Firstly mate,

Id try another place to get them aligned and see what they say.

Secondly.

The alignment motors unplug from the headlight so their not a 100% sealed unit.

Haynes manual explains removal of motors etc.

Third mate.

Ive got a set of chrome faced units removed from my 2010 mk2.5 as soon as i get the black ones back from body shop with browe lines colour coded.

If your interested in purchasing them for parts or full replacment.

Im not publicly selling my set of chrome headlights, i was planning to keep them for MOT purposes encase the browe painted ones would fail, b7t if it would help you stay on the road then ill supply.

But id try another headlight alignment place first mate.

Motor ball joint may have poped loose or somthing simple.

Image1976.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club