Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

I really don't agree with speeds and gears quoted and don't think anything is up with my car.

Generally I'd say in 3rd even the up arrow will appear at 35mph. So from there into 4th and up arrow maybe around 47mph or so for a change to 5th.

I wouldn't dream of running 5th at 37mph unless almost coasting down a hill.

The above speeds of when arrow appears even feel and sound right.

Having a comfortable 5th at 37mph it would be as well making the car a 3 speed. 1,2 and 5th.

I've started a new job that's 69 miles away. My journey is mixed A, B & Motorway miles, 70% motorway, M54 & M6. Anyone familiar with the M6 from J10A down to J1 you know the challenges.

Over 3 weeks now my Black Edition shows 48.7MPG. I stick to max speed limits and change gear when I think I should. I don't let the technology distract me or dictate to me. Getting on towards 50MPG in my opinion is very good, under real life conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Hmmmm, i'm beginning to think there's something wrong with mine then. I can't believe i'm 11 or 12 mpg heavier footed than others, maybe I am. I only do short town runs mind, prolly 10 miles tops.

Short trips will lower your MPG for sure, tyre pressures as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I average 45 mpg in my black edition, which I consider to be good.

Looking into possibly getting a Fiesta with the new Ecoboost engine, was just wondering if the quoted figures from Ford for MPG is anywhere near accurate. Have seen between 55-70 advertised depending on style of driving etc.

i only recieve 35MPG in my black edition 1.0.

I do a daily commute of around 130 miles. 90% motorway miles (M54/M6 South) sticking (mostly ☺️) to the speed limits and accepting hold ups and jams I get a very reasonable 48.7MPG.

I bought the 1L 100ps 5 door on March 1st. I zeroed the average mpg in that week. 3500 miles later it reads 57.3 mpg, so that includes the cold weather and tight engine phases. I am mightily impressed, and have told Ford so when they sent me their detailed questionnaire about the car last week. Mind you, very little town driving and I hold nobody up. And I plan ahead, knowing that applying the brakes is throwing petrol away. You see people doing this all day long.

There are things I don't like. The rear doors make a horrible clanging noise, the front discs make a horrible hissing noise. And the Sync is awful, worse than on my 13 & 14 plate Fiestas. Ah, but that mpg figure, the sound system and initial price puts me in forgiveness mode all right.

I average 45 mpg in my black edition, which I consider to be good.

I'm seeing pretty much the same from my red edition.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

The original owner of our 1 year old Ecoboost 125 has done 24,000 miles and the trip hasn't been reset for the last 9000 miles (I'm assuming 24,000 in 1 year is mostly just motorway driving) and it was on 52mpg/avg.

Sadly it'll only be doing 3000 - 4000 miles a year now so that's bound to drop so if it's over 30 I'll be happy lol.

The original owner of our 1 year old Ecoboost 125 has done 24,000 miles and the trip hasn't been reset for the last 9000 miles (I'm assuming 24,000 in 1 year is mostly just motorway driving) and it was on 52mpg/avg.

Sadly it'll only be doing 3000 - 4000 miles a year now so that's bound to drop so if it's over 30 I'll be happy lol.

I am currently getting 51 mpg on A and b roads. Car has only 6k miles on the clock. Very happy with the performance.

Another question - my friend get 550 -630 miles from a tank of petrol with gpher 61 ecoboost. My ecoboost is 1 year younger and i barely get 400 miles from a tank on similair roads.

I bought the car on her recommendation. I change gear when the car tells me and basically drive like a granny. I used to get 470 miles driving my ford fiesta TDCI

What can i do to improve it - i am very underwhemled

h

Another question - my friend get 550 -630 miles from a tank of petrol with gpher 61 ecoboost. My ecoboost is 1 year younger and i barely get 400 miles from a tank on similair roads.

I bought the car on her recommendation. I change gear when the car tells me and basically drive like a granny. I used to get 470 miles driving my ford fiesta TDCI

How many miles has the car done? as it takes a couple of 1000 miles to run in and economy will continue to get better over the first 10000 or so miles, also are you driving enough to get the engine up to temperature (usually 1-2 miles in the summer & 3-4 miles in the winter), its only when the engine is up to temp will it slow down its fuel intake. Although this car and ecoboost engine is built to give good milleage around town, you'll still get better milleage if you drive long duel carriageways 40-50mph and motorways at 60-70mph, also if you drive in rush hour your never going to get great figures in any car.

Don't worry overly about the change up/down arrows they are a bit too keen that it's probably not that good for the car, just build up speed steadily in 1st then 2nd and if your on a 30mph road once you get to 30 put it in 3rd and cruise, if your on a 40 just skip 3rd and go to 4th, it's a steady foot more than getting to the highest gear too early that will save fuel. Trying to speed up from low speeds in high gears (as the display arrows try to get you to do) won't be good in the long run for your cars clutch and your unlikely to save as much fuel as it will cost you for a new one.

Economy is very dependant on whether the engine is run in and getting to up to temp, driving style, traffic and roads you drive.

You can just keep the instant mpg menu on your trip screen, see how your driving style uses fuel and see if you can keep improving your style to get the best economy each day, but make sure to enjoy driving a great car and engine too :D

I absolutely agree with your gear change points.

My mpg was 36.7 for weeks, it just dropped to 36.6 today :D

Very short town trips, not properly warm, excitable right foot :)

I have to say, taking-off just shy of tyre squeal is pretty damn good (please god that my drive-shafts are of unobtainium unlike my A35 van).

Obviously I get nowhere due to sticklers but it's enjoyable.

I guess the inevitable over-run dumps a tad more oil onto the cylinder walls, win win ;)

• Like 1

Given 470 miles from the TDCI, 400 miles is reasonable on petrol. Comparing distance between fills is difficult without knowing how much fuel you put in. For instance, if you typically fill when the gauge drops below a quarter and your friend typically goes to the ragged edge, there will be a big difference in result. But if you typically put in 35 litres, you're getting 50mpg, which isn't shabby.

If you think there is room for improvement, a lesson or two in advanced driving might help. If you spent £50 and got 440 miles, that would be a very good return. Or since your friend is getting better results ask him/her for a critique on your driving - but if you do, remember this friend is right and you are wrong so there is no need to argue or get offended!

I have to say, taking-off just shy of tyre squeal is pretty damn good (please god that my drive-shafts are of unobtainium unlike my A35 van).

Lol, that's why I don't like doing very fast starts because it just makes me think I'm going to damage something or wear something out (maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily). Once I'm in 2nd though I'll happily floor it :)

It's only an occasional pleasure :D

• 4 weeks later...

Now doing a steady 52 mpg. The gear change arrows cant predict whats coming ahead like hills etc. so I ignore it.

I've been driving rather sensible lately, just to see what I can achieve with MPG/Range.

Currently reached 395 miles range, with 45 MPG.

My previous record was 321 miles range, with 38 MPG.

Had my Fiesta Titanium X 125 for nearly a week now (received it last Friday, brilliant car). I commute from Taunton to Exeter Monday to Friday (80 mile round trip). I'm currently averaging 43.8 mpg, the mpg seems to improve by 0.2 on each trip. The car has done approx 550 miles so far, as I bought it through Drive the Deal (was driven to my house from Horsham). About 90% of my driving is on the motorway and I generally drive at about 70 to 75 mph.

Best I've seen on my Black is 45.6 on a similar run.

Well I'm in Cornwall at the moment decided to take the fiesta for it's first big drive, set off at 3am and apart from some 50mph road work spots on the way it was stuck in cruise control at 85mph (satnav speed, speedometer was at 90) the cars done 360miles from Manchester to Redruth Cornwall and was just nearing the bottom of the red and the petrol lights been on for about 20 miles when we got here. Pretty impressed as I rekon if we'd kept it at 70 we'd have probably got 450+ miles out of that small 42 litre tank.

Okay the diesel could have done alot better but these shouldn't compare for long distance cruises and the Giuletta has an extra 18 liters of fuel, so I'm very happy with the car :)

I did my first proper economy run in the ST yesterday, just a one hour journey about 90% motorway. Didn't go above 60 and was following lorries most of the way to save fuel. Saw about 62 mpg average at one point, but it fell to about 58 / 59 by the time I got to where I was going. I'll do the same again on the way home tomorrow and see what the actual mpg is when I fill up. Should be over 50.

It was interesting that I was barely pressing the accelerator at all following a lorry at about 55, just kind of resting my foot on it lol.

• Like 2

You were Drafting which isn't any good as an MPG indicator.

Must admit drafting definetly helps as I got 84mpg avg on a 140 mile journey to newcastle drafting at 60mph behind a lorry the whole way. Not a bad thing to do if your in no rush and want a nice cruise but still impressive results there Phil from a 225bhp car, something like that even 10 years ago used to get <25mpg at best lol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club