Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Heads Up On The Law Of Towbars

Zetecspaul

Hey guys, I've been a way for some time but I'm back now :-) I'm havin trouble getting a towbar to fit on my zetec s, it's my pride n joy n I don't want a big ugly towbar on show, to make things worse, I can't really afford to by a detachable towbar, I'd be lookin at at least 200 quid. Now I have a few good friends who are fab welders and I have come up with a plan n design to turn a standard towbar to a detachable with no extra cost, is this against the law? Cheers Paul

Any towbar has to be type approved when fitted to a vehicle manufactured after August 1998 and tested to EC94/20.

So in effect yes it is against the law as the towbar has no type approval, you are also liable to prosecution and in the event of an accident your insurance will be void.

Thanks a lot for you reply, I wasn't sure so I thought I'd seek some advice, n where better to ask

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club