Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dust Cap Trouble

Big_dom91

Right guys and gals front tyres looked like they needed some air so went to remove my dust caps which have the little anti-theft grub screws on but have rusted a d lost there thread :@ !!! So how would i get these off without damaging the valve ?

May be a good idea to head to your local tyre fitters and get them to fit new valves.

I have had this set of caps for 5 years and they're still good.

Cheers mate what would you exspect to pay for 4 new valves ?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251270002400

A little grease helps.

just twist. Mine are same, well the key I got didn't work and rounded off..so I twist and they come off easy... not had an issue with my valves yet.

pair of plyers did the trick on mine then leave some oil sitting inside them drain it out and refit should stop them getting rusted on

Its not the actual dust cap its the little grub screw you use an allen key to loosen so no one robs them might try a pai of plyers tho cheers

Local tyre dealer, simple case of pulling the whole valve out of the wheel and replacing with a new one. Don't pay any more than £2.50 a valve inc the work to change over, I've done loads of these due to the cheap aluminium dust caps and removed/replaced all with out any damage to wheels.

Cheers mate its going into ford in the morning anyway for a free car check so might see how much theyl do it otherwise its a little trip round somewere cheaper haha

agreed, valves are not worth that much and shouldnt be charged at a premium rate.crikey even cutting the valve off will do the job :p

All sorted nice fella at ford got them all off and replaced with some plastic ones free of charge :)

• Like 1

That is what we like to hear! Free is welcome anytime!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club