Do Not Sell My Personal Information

04 Mondeo Ghia X Glovebox Aux In?

diplomatt

Hi

I've recently bought an 04 Mondeo Ghia X and I'm trying to figure out what my options are for connecting an MP3 player. There's a 3.5mm socket in the glovebox and the standard Sony 6CD head unit has a CD/Aux button. Simple I thought - the socket is the Aux In and I just hit the button. But with no CDs loaded I just get a 'No CD' message. I've tried pressing and holding rather than just 'clicking' but no difference. I've plugged some headphones in to check that the socket isn't an Out. Am I missing anything? I've not pulled the head unit out to see if it's actually connected to the socket yet.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matt

it could be that the aux socket needs activating, if i remember right this is how to do it ,but check your audio book first in case its not.

you need to press and hold the menu button and vid appears on the display and the vin number of the car starts to scroll across. if you press up it will say clip if you press up again it will say aux press left or right to change it between on and off. when its on just press menu again to exit and then your cd/aux button should switch between the two when you press.

it could also be that the socket has become dissconected when the fusebox behind the glovebox was accessed it the past so also check this

hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club