Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Led's On The Outside..anyone Done This?

trikidy

Just out of curiosity, thinking of wiring some outside neons under the car- I'm on the fence as it looks really chavy, but I think that it would be quite good to them linked up to a button just to show off to a few mates!

Found many light on eBay that are waterproof and claim to be suitable, they have sticky backs so would just be stuck on. Kinda worried that they could just come unstuck and get dragged under the wheels, but cellotape could hold them in place.

Anyway has anyone ever done this?

I've not hooked anything up to a switch before, I have looked into it roughly and it seems the switch has 3 terminals.

1- hook up to a neg

2- hook up to a live

3-hook up to the LED's posi

Is that right?

51b5_1.JPG

You can see the three terminals here

ledswitch.jpg

You would need to wire them carefully to avoid shorts as that would cause them to come on on a public road. For that intensity output you would need much stronger lights than your boot ones...

I was thinking of using the same lights as my boot but in blue, they are a hell of alot brighter

Make sure you get some that appear to be well wrapped, you dont want water ingress, but installation is identical to what you already have done, just off a live source with a switch in the middle.

Cheers mate, how do I wire a switch? Can't imagine it's too hard but haven't found any diagrams

generally you just wire it as if its a man in the middle, wire the negative to the negative feed, positive also.

so rather than a wire like this

++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------------------------------

it looks like

++++++++++++| |++++++++

------------------------| |----------------

http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic18145

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club