Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Add Sub & Changer On Ford Sony Dab ?

yunii

has anyone fitted additional sub or changer running from stock soy dab? sub is a under seat alpine unit as well as a alpine mp3 changer.

with after market adapter kits or so etc.i'm sure its possible.

yunii

If the changer has a radio modulator and a wired remote (so it works with any head unit) you can fit it, otherwise you would have to fit one like that or one specifically for the Sony head unit

I can't remember if the Sony head unit has a sub-out or line outs (to drive the sub) but you can get adaptors that run off the speaker outputs anyway (there was a thread hers somwhere about that )

The original Ford/Sony radio's do not support an external CD-changer.

Because the Sony was also available with a built-in 6-CD changer Ford decided there was no need to support an external CD-changer. Even the Original Focus MK2/MK2.5 (CAN-bus) CD-changer does not work on the original Sony radio's.

I know this, buti was thinking of like an aftermarket interface that would control this, I remember adding an Sony 10 cd changer to for 6000,with this interface.

Yunii

For the 6000CD this is possible. The 6000CD supports the original CD changer. The aftermarket interface only converts the Ford CAN-bus signal from the radio to the signal that the aftermarket CD-changer understands.

The Sony does not support an external CD-changer at all. It does not send commands to control an external CD-changer. An aftermarket converter/interface does not work on a Sony.

You can get CD changers that work with any head unit (including every Sony/ Ford model etc)

The units are supplied with (usually) a wired remote, the signal is fed through a modulator (a device that turns the audio signal into a signal an FM stereo radio can recieve)

Kenwood CD changer with modulator and remote that works with any head unit -

post-38050-0-50182000-1377958211_thumb.j

in detail -

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/cd/KDC-C471FM/

I was thinking ,if I could use the changer that I already have, an alpine 6cd mp3 changer, as its an awesome unit, I also have alpine single din headunit, & underseat subwoofer,I would initially like to use these apart from alpine headunit with the Sony dab, with some sort of interface.

Yunii

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club