Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

Very sweet project lenny, i do like this car very much it's so 90's

• Like 2

Very sweet project lenny, i do like this car very much it's so 90's

He is trying to regain his lost youth LOL,

Its going to be a good project, to watch it evolve into the car he has a picture in his head of, he will have good and bad days but in the end he will look at it finished and forget all the heartache and pain, Its like a Man's version of childbirth LOL.

;)

• Like 2

Its going to be a good project, to watch it evolve into the car he has a picture in his head of, he will have good and bad days but in the end he will look at it finished and forget all the heartache and pain, Its like a Man's version of childbirth LOL.

;)

So true

• Like 2

I'm sure Vicky will make sure it's just as painful as well.

• Like 3

;)

So true

Ya's are a jeering shower a !Removed! arent ya's huh?

:lol:

I'm still stuck in the late 90's and no word of a lye, ive found a Robert miles CD stuck in the dash behind the glove box aswell as a Japanese wedding invitation lol

I've gotten information on how to perform diagnostic on the car, Connect two pin outs together then turn on the ignition and count the flashes,

Image3952_zps0f026ef8.jpg

No epileptic warning for this one neither guys.

Thankfully I'm not epileptic :lol: that was the cars first check before giving me the code.

And as result I was able to count the flashes,

Error codes 21 and 25

It flashes once then blank then flashes once that would be error code 11

Mine flashed twice then once meaning error code 21

See video:

th_VID_20131020_213832_zps8cdeac0c.jpg

Lambda sensor is one error code

And

Engine lean signal is another error code,

Good to know that's all that's showing though,

There's worse things on the list it could show me

• Like 1

+1 Phil,
  • Like 1

I saw something somewhere about the shorting out of the pins (perhaps the "got an error code on your car" thread I raised before), never seen anyone use it though, so well done Lenny!

• Like 2

I saw something somewhere about the shorting out of the pins (perhaps the "got an error code on your car" thread I raised before), never seen anyone use it though, so well done Lenny!

Thanks jeeb,

Didn't make my hair stand up neither :lol:

• Like 1

That was the next question, whether your gentlemen hairs where affected in the same way as your head hair! glad to hear that no singeing took place!

• Like 1

That was the next question, whether your gentlemen hairs where affected in the same way as your head hair! glad to hear that no singeing took place!

No that only happens when I start it up and rev it ;)

IMG_20131227_180036_zps79a2251d.jpg

Update:

I've managed to get a replacement exhaust in great condition from the Levin,

This will replace the existing pipe eliminating the leaks in the system,

Special thanks to "Nicky87" on here for supplying it to me,

Collection it on 4th November,

IMG_20131024_141012_zps6fb913b2.jpg

I've got my name down on a 5 name group purchase for the lambda sensor,

One mor name required for the list then purchase will begin,

Hopefully have the lambda and exhaust fitted by mid December all going well,

• Like 2

Oh phil ye know me so well lol ....its killing leo that I won't even sit in it and when he rings me from side of the road because gardai are searching it I'll go pick him up after an hour and throw in sum stock cubes wrapped in tin foil lol

• Like 1

Oh phil ye know me so well lol ....its killing leo that I won't even sit in it and when he rings me from side of the road because gardai are searching it I'll go pick him up after an hour and throw in sum stock cubes wrapped in tin foil lol

Poor poor Lenny :D

• Like 1

lmfao, Vicki you cruel begger!

Lenny, did you ever have this problem with your homemade ST? :p

• Like 2

lmfao, Vicki you cruel begger!

Lenny, did you ever have this problem with your homemade ST? :p

No :lol:

Once at a checkpoint a copper turned to his partner and said "that's the sort of yoke we should have for patrol instead of the mondeo" and waved me on, and when I sat my driving test the instructor said "I've never test in an st before" then when I opened the bonnet he saw it was a diesel, but when driving on a long straight in a 30km zone doing 28km in to town he told me twice "don't be afraid to drive it on there son"

I felt like saying "!Removed! the test man, let's go racing"

Never pulled once,

lmfao, love the driving test experience, but as for the coppers haha - now your driving the toyo. Perhaps this is where you find you are now part of an elite group, one that uses levins to run their drug excise business in Ireland and the guarda are well aware ;)

lmfao, love the driving test experience, but as for the coppers haha - now your driving the toyo. Perhaps this is where you find you are now part of an elite group, one that uses levins to run their drug excise business in Ireland and the guarda are well aware ;)

I have no knowledge of those operations or elite groups,

I have spoken to a few Levin enthusiast's and I can confirm they are down to earth genuine people,

Not the Honda civic types at all

The Honda civic to Toyota owners is the equivalent to the Vauxhall corsa to ford owners

They have a saying about honda ill try find it starts like....

H horribly

O overpriced

N needing

D daddys

A assistance

H had

O one

N never

D do it

A again

Best buy some Vaseline Lenny!

Doubt it will happen :lol: saw two a true no and a Levin in the town today a white and a silver

Horribly Overpriced, Needing Dad`s Assistance

Here's a few more-

Had One Never Did Again

Hold On Not Done Accelerating

Of course there's also this one-

Torturous On Your Old Tired !Removed!.

• Like 1

Horribly Overpriced, Needing Dad`s Assistance

Here's a few more-

Had One Never Did Again

Hold On Not Done Accelerating

Of course there's also this one-

Torturous On Your Old Tired !Removed!.

Ah you had to get the last one in there ddnt ya :lol:

Have you ever pulled a true no or Levin driver Clive?

I'm sure you've pulled many glanza's

What's your opinion on Toyota drivers compared to honda and where do you rate them comparing to corsa

The Honda civic to Toyota owners is the equivalent to the Vauxhall corsa to ford owners

No, the Corsa is much much worse :p

• Like 1

Toyota and Honda drivers are fine in my books.

Good cars and generally good mannered apart from older Civics (boy racers).

Corsa drivers wring the cars neck everywhere and make themselves look like right nubs.

• Like 1

This is just my opinion here people get judged every day on there hair colour or where they live etc...when you say toyota clive its hardly a yaris or avenuis now!!!

When insuring the levin/corolla there is a price difference...would you trust someone with two names???

From my point of view...anything with its !Removed! on the floor,dark tinted windows, big exhaust, shopping list on the side of it,spoiler that you could fit into, gold or deep rim allows, different colour bonnet to rest of the car(because its plastic to make it lighter love too see it in head on) and the driver wearing a base ball hat (nowt wrong with baseball hats if your out side)are all boyracers!!!

Update on progress

Although the weather is a complete rite off today,

I went out and hurried my head under the bonnet of the Levin,

I got out the Allen keys and removed the ignition lead cover,

Got worried on the last screw as its a bit rung on the head but I've managed to get it out,

I won't put it back in though I'll get a replacement bolt for it,

I removed each ignition HT lead and cleaned the area with dashboard wipes.

After changing the exhaust muffler I discoverd the leaks in the exhaust system and they are soon to be sorted by replacing the pipe from catalyst back

However there is a blowing sound coming from the manifold,

So I removed the 3 bolts from the manifold heat shield,

Unfortunitly the left bolt snapped on removal,

So I'll need to get it tapped before replacing the bolt in the heat shield but it will hold using 2 bolts anyways.

Very surprised at what I've found beneath the heat shield.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to me as if the manifold has been purposely cut...

From my understanding when a manifold leaks; it leaks on the welds usually due to heavy rust or heat expansion causing the weld to give way.

But this leak is such a clean brake in the pipe and away from the weld,

The exhaust is not that badly rusted in any area neither.

Could it have been cut to pass emissions on the MOT or just for vandalism purposes?

I've never saw a manifold leak before and perhaps I'm wrong In thinking it was cut but it does look pretty tidy leak to me.

On the up side though at least the leak is a clean area and easily welded again.

See cylinder 2 below

IMG_20131026_163358_zps645e6ffb.jpg

IMG_20131026_163240_zpse9f165b9.jpg

IMG_20131026_163325_zpsfdf83d9c.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club