Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Snagglepuss Build Thread Lenny's New Whip

Lenny

looking good bud

Thanks Nicky mate,

I'm looking forward to finally driving it on the road next month as it should drive with lambda sensor in place.

• Like 1

ah you will enjoy it when you starting driving it and we will have to get mine and yours together sometime during the year

• Like 1

ah you will enjoy it when you starting driving it and we will have to get mine and yours together sometime during the year

Yeah no bother, would be good to get a few scenic pictures of the two

As long as my engine behaves and I get the timing belt done I'll be more confident in traveling in it,

Perhaps July/august

ah the car will behave it self and july/august sounds and i should have a few changes done to mine by then

• Like 1

ah the car will behave it self and july/august sounds and i should have a few changes done to mine by then

Sounds good, yours puts mine to much shame as it is without further modification i won't have the bodywork sorted by then I reckon,

So I'll have to show the drivers side only; in all images :lol:

• Like 1

lenny mine has a its own issuse and mine is bog standard with crapy rota grids alloys

• Like 1

lenny mine has a its own issuse and mine is bog standard with crapy rota grids alloys

You've converted the suspension, fitted custom front splitter section, and Id be happy with a set of rota's :lol:

Hoping to fit a set of rota boost by august, Id be delighted if I could lower it,

I need to talk to you about that some time in the future to see what all is involved and if I lose the twin pot calipers on the front when fitting corolla suspension instead of super strut.

• Like 1

there is a way of keeping the twin pot calipers as i have them on mine with the corolla suspenions but it takes a bit of work to do it

i dont have the front lip anymore but i am getting a new one soon then but new wheels

• Like 1

the super strut can be lowered but not to much because lowering it to much would wear all the ball joints but when they converted to corolla suspenions the can lowered as much as you want

super strut lowering are hard to find and same with coilover

corolla lowering springs range between 120 to 170 new and coilovers range from 500 to 1000 new

• Like 1

Small update:

After all of the rain in the last few days it has become clear the Levin has a leak in the boot,

If you see the beginning of the thread you will notice the Levin came from the seller with the rear spoiler removed,

Image3813_zps0fb06f57.jpg

Some like it removed and fit a roof spoiler,

But I prefer it fitted because I was designed to have it.

Anyways,

The first day after purchasing the car, I just bolted it back on to the boot,

I never thought of using sealant or anything, just bolted it on,

Image3822_zpsef6af8f8.jpg

But over the weeks the boot was becoming damp and eventually puddle,

I removed the spoiler today,

Small bit of silicone around the holes and refitted,

I've thrown buckets of water on it now and its 100% no leak from the boot lid anymore :)

But further down in the passenger side corner of the boot, its still letting in the water,

The 4 clips are broken on the ventilation panel that fits to the body inside the rear bumper :rolleyes:

Its letting water in as it rolls off the body,

But all going well: I'll have this vent replaced by the end of the month

Image3868_zpsf059c8f1.jpg

I used the can of comma Air conditioning cleaner today very potent stuff,

Not joking I got a blast of it when I shouldn't have and my left eye, nose and cheek are killing me with syn us pain since 16:00

I removed the can from the box,

IMG_20140103_130717_zpso3cfuxrs.jpg

Give it a shake for 3 minutes,

Flipped the front passenger seat forward,

Started the engine,

Switched on the A/C button,

Set the heat to full,

Set the air to recirculation mode,

Set the blower to full speed.

IMG_20140105_134621_zpsv3pdgvy_edit_1388

Image4054_zpsbjjxazo_edit_1388929765378_

With the engine running,

I pressed the can and evacuated the vehicle,

2 minutes later I remembered; I hadn't set the fan to face&feet mode,

So I quickly opened the door, just enough to reach in to change the direction of air,

And no joke lads the stuff is fairly potent with solvent,

It also smells strongly of lemon,

But for 2 minutes after I was light headed followed swiftly by this synnus pain aw huh.

Anyways,

I left the car sealed with the can releasing its content for a duration of 20 minutes,

Says it kills all germs in the A/C system, almost killed me too :lol:

After the 20 minutes I dropped the windows, opened the boot and doors for 40 minutes to vent it as instructed,

The car now smells like lemons but its sure to have done some difference to the air inside.

Overall I recommend the product but use with caution.

Plan the settings correctly before pressing the button, then you won't need to go back like I did :rolleyes:

In other news,

Items purchased on eBay last Thursday from the uk and america have yet to arrive,

I'll update progress as they arrive and become fitted.

the super strut can be lowered but not to much because lowering it to much would wear all the ball joints but when they converted to corolla suspenions the can lowered as much as you want

super strut lowering are hard to find and same with coilover

corolla lowering springs range between 120 to 170 new and coilovers range from 500 to 1000 new

Thanks mate,

If I was to purchase a set of corolla coilovers,

Would I need any other parts from a corolla to fit them to the Levin?

Then again I don't want it too low, just sitting nice on a set of 16" wheels would be comfortable,

The focus is lowered 40mm and at times its too low,

Main thing I want is a nice stance without the worry of busting a super strut or buckling a rim :lol: I know I'm asking for a lot there.

you need corolla hubs that has abs and the wishbones and bottom balljoints and track rod ends and corolla brakes and brakes hoses

• Like 1

you need corolla hubs that has abs and the wishbones and bottom balljoints and track rod ends and corolla brakes and brakes hoses

Ow....rite.... ah shir the existing super strut will do me grand, I didn't think there was that much involved but I never looked into it,

I always assumed it was just a case of swapping the shocks,

That's a whole modification process of its own, I'll stick with the super strut and roll 15" rims mat thanks for telling me all that was involved.

no worries bud i will talk to ya on the 25th anyway

• Like 1

Update:

The Blitz 1.3bar Radiator cap has arrived yesterday,

There are two types of Blitz cap 1 and well 2

I thought purchasing a replacement cap would be easy but No :lol: its almost as complicated as purchasing the correct coolant.

At first I thought "ok type1 must fit Honda, Subaru, dihatsu, nissan.

Type2 must fit Toyota, Mazda, Lexus, Scion,

But no :lol: just to make it more difficult both type1 and 2 fit Toyota, Mazda etc. But the various type only fits specific models of the manufacturer. :rolleyes: why does it need to be so difficult.

After searching the internet for almost one hour, I found my specific model takes a type2 cap.

I found this information on fensport performance website:

www.fensport.co.uk

Anyways here's pictures of the caps old broken one

and new, I can now run the engine again :)

IMG_20140109_190708_zps7mtfxyr_edit_1389

IMG_20140109_190721_zps4twkp9q_edit_1389

Old cap:

IMG_20140109_191117_zps8vgwplx_edit_1389

IMG_20140109_191136_zps1puitwl_edit_1389

IMG_20140109_191213_zpsg2y7kjo_edit_1389

Note: radiator caps don't come apart as normal ;) if your radiator ever comes apart is definitively broken. :lol:

IMG_20140109_191151_zps0ywmymn_edit_1389

IMG_20140109_190806_zpsaqeylff_edit_1389

IMG_20140109_190817_zpsluumtng_edit_1389

IMG_20140110_094702_zpsor4fzwl_edit_1389

IMG_20140110_094716_zpsdkfvzfl_edit_1389

I went in to toyota today,

Got a price on the rubber windscreen seal

And the vent in the boot,

Image3868_zpsf059c8f1.jpg

To my surprise its coming in at 80.72euro including VAT@22%

not bad going there lenny, looking forward to the completed project!

• Like 1

not bad going there lenny, looking forward to the completed project!

Thanks jeebo,

My first time servicing a car myself thankfully its worked out quite well with thanks to YouTube videos and AE111owners.com for advising me on the correct type of fluids,

The sparkplugs and engine flush have really helped achieve a smoother idle, the power steering feels easier to turn and the engine coolant is doing its job aswell.

Sadly the patch resin filler "super steel epoxy weld" I put on the exhaust manifold hasn't held the seal for long,

Its broken through again, only option is to get it weld properly.

Image3896_zps9acdb707.jpg

Last Friday I've arranged for my local mechanic to pick it up tomorrow evening and take it on his truck to the garage to have the manifold weld and hopefully the standard exhaust fitted,

Image3908_zpsfc1f600f.jpg

I'm off on an 9 hour driving trip then on the 25th

To collect some replacement interior parts such as A/C control panel and dashboard heater vents,

I'll be on the road from 5am heading in to the west on a 3hr journey stocked up with Monster :) a levin passenger seat and the remaineder of the HKS exhaust for delivery to nicky87 followed by making my way up north west for collection of the replacement parts before returning to the R&D cave also known as "my home" to remove the dash and fit the vents aswell as other parts.

I'll book the windscreen fitting next month when the replacement seal arrives from Toyota,

Only 33 more sleeps until she's on the road at last :)

• Like 1

just giving you a heads up the standard exhaust hangs low so if you see it hanging low not to worry about it

mine catching on huge speed bump

• Like 1

just giving you a heads up the standard exhaust hangs low so if you see it hanging low not to worry about it

mine catching on huge speed bump

Thanks mate,

I had it under the car today in the driveway I'm not 100% sure but I think he may need to straighten the end of the long pipe for it to join up with the standard muffler am I correct?

Looks like there was a performance muffler fitted to sit at an angle,

So I reckon the pipe will need bringing to the left a bit to match up again ?

there was a performance back box on it when i got the car but the back fall apart so i changed it but it wont take much work to fit the back box seeing as you are getting a guy to fit it

if you look at the end of the pipe you will see where the join is

when you are talking to guy you are getting to the work all he has to do is cut into the pipe after the join and bend the pipe after the cut so it will line up with the back box if you get what i mean

• Like 1

there was a performance back box on it when i got the car but the back fall apart so i changed it but it wont take much work to fit the back box seeing as you are getting a guy to fit it

if you look at the end of the pipe you will see where the join is

when you are talking to guy you are getting to the work all he has to do is cut into the pipe after the join and bend the pipe after the cut so it will line up with the back box if you get what i mean

I follow you 100% mate thanks,

I'll tell him that tomorrow aswell, he will probably know better than me; what has to be done,

But when it comes to mechanics to do a job for me, I like to show them what needs doing rather than just handing it over,

I feel it makes it more difficult for them to add up a bill at the end because we have discussed and agreed before he starts :)

Just weld in manifold,

Cut joint here,

Bend pipe,

Weld this to this

Gasket seal and bolt on flange

Bring car back to me

Job done :lol:

No more, no less :lol:

I've even bought a tube of holts gasket seal, aswell as M8 nuts&washers for the exhaust bracket,

Nothing more required except a cut, bend and weld.

Shouldn't cost more than 100 euro what you reckon?

it shouldnt cost that much at all

if i was closer to ya i would do it for ya

• Like 1

it shouldnt cost that much at all

if i was closer to ya i would do it for ya

Thanks mate,

I've got 100 set aside for it, if it goes over that then I won't get the car back until I get paid on Thursday :lol: but its not Toyota I'm going to, its 1 of 4 local independent mechanics so hopefully will be ok,

It was 40 to get the mufflers swapped over and a puncture repaired the last time I was there.

I'm looking forward to hearing it once complete should be quieter anyways :)

cool it should like sound like mine well with the throttle bodys closed ha

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club