Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Reversing On My Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4

James Cook

Hi all, I recently bought a Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 2004 and it's been the best thing I've ever bought, apart from one problem I've had with reversing. I'm only a young driver (17 years of age) and learned in a diesel, so this car is a whole lot more different to me and frankly I haven't driven a car in a good long while and was so pleased to have finally got this one. But to cut to the chase whenever I want to reverse I put it in gear and the car will either stay still or go forward if I'm on a hill. Usually when I first start the car it's fine reversing off the drive etc, but when I get to my destination and want to park, then the problem usually occurs. I normally try to manouver fairly quickly, like if I do a 3 point turn I try to slip it into reverse the minute the car stops rolling (usually this is unsuccessful). This is a very small thing as normally it hasn't been a problem and I really love this car, but I've spent a lot of money on this car and for problems to be occurring in a matter of days is surprising. I also read in the manual it says to hold the clutch down for 3 seconds before reversing, it's something I never did on lessons so I find it hard to do that. But anyway that's the problem, any response is appreciated, thank you!

If it's manual then its a common thing and not a fault just a design issue, before going into reverse hold the clutch down and push it into 3rd then to reverse, it will always work, if it's automatic the only thing I could think would be to wait in N for a minute.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club