Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shift Indicator

II J4MIE II

Hi, I recently bought a Ford Focus Zetec 61 plate. The other night I was messing around with my dash board settings and some how managed to enable the shift indicator... Does anyone know how to disable this?post-48861-138759202403_thumb.jpg

Hi Jamie

you need to use the buttons on your steering wheel to access the ford Ecomode settings, the Gear shifting indicator is located within here.A description is also in the handbook under information displays.

I have not seen a way of turning it off , nothing in my menu anyway.

I've managed to find the Eco menu by going to the MPG option and then pressing right on the D-pad.

Not quite sure how to enable or disable anything. Can't see anything in the manual :S

As far as i am aware you can't switch this off via the menu.

You probably would be best with a modified ELM cable, but as of yet I havent seen a release compatible with the MK3 Focus.

Yeah I've been told you can't turn it off manually but if you ignore it and 'floor it' it realises you don't care and turns it's self off haha

Yeah I've been told you can't turn it off manually but if you ignore it and 'floor it' it realises you don't care and turns it's self off haha

Haha well mine does not want to go away then as i always ignore it. my Eco reply is "Terrible"

After resetting my avg speed, mpg, miles etc that's when I noticed it popping up.

The Eco mode on my Ford shows a nice green Gunja plant which looses petals as the go pedal sinks deeper into the carpet. I'm getting the message 'chill man, have a smoke, REEELAX and enjoy da drive'. I didn't think Mondeos were like that, they're made in Belgium . . . . .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club