Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Cuts Out, Only In Winter

spelly

Issues over last few winters, engine cuts out and dies, electrics all seem fine, stand for 5-10 mins and then runs normally with engine warning light on, after a day or two of use engine warning light goes out.

garages have looked at it but find nothing, have switched from generic cheap diesel to branded, have tried redex diesel additives but still happening

any ideas

vehicle is 2007, 5sp manual 2.5 TD, no mods, 86000 miles, annual garage serviced

never done it in summer, always when ambient temp below 4-5 deg c

When was the last service? I had this issue and it was a fault with the fuel filter.

recent service - did it again crimbo eve heading home, could make it cut out by hard acceleration so maybe fuel pump or injectors ??

Sounds like the fuel filter has been installed incorrectly?

It sounds to me like air has gotten into the fuel, as the cold contracts the metal opening up a hairline crack or any space somewhere, this then draws air in with the pressure on the inside of the pipe drawing it in. The air then gets injected to the engine and cutting it out...

I would say this is the easiest place to start, but it could be the housing itself?

• Like 1

Certain logic to that - will try and explore that one. Sadly I am no mechanic but will see what garage say to that idea.

Thanks for your input

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club