Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice for my focus

irn_bru

Hi, new to the forum! I was looking for some advice for my focus (below)

22052007026.jpg

22052007027.jpg

22052007028.jpg

Anyway, my car's got a metal shield to protect the underneath of the car (I assume) which has come loose at one side. This rattles when the car is idle and scrapes the ground every speedbump I go over.

Is this actually needed? Should I have it repaired or just get that section ripped off?

If it's what I'm thinking of it's the heat shield for the exhaust and as ford never spend extra cash unless it's absolutely necessary, I'd fix it back rather than rip it off and risk doing damage to the bottom of the car or worse.

If it's what I'm thinking of it's the heat shield for the exhaust and as ford never spend extra cash unless it's absolutely necessary, I'd fix it back rather than rip it off and risk doing damage to the bottom of the car or worse.

Sound advice, it wouldnt be there if they didnt HAVE to put it there for a reason.

Sound advice, it wouldnt be there if they didnt HAVE to put it there for a reason.

Cheers for the advice - I'll try and get it sorted!

It is there for a reason. It is solely a heat sheild from the exhaust gases traveling back to the back of the car.

My car is turbo straight pipe nothing between and i dont have that shield. Not once have i ever been worried without it. All it does is protect that metal under the car which in my honest opinion doesn't need protecting. Get under and yank it off. You won't scrape, you wont worrying about damaging other things, and you won't notice any adverse effects to the car or yourself and others.

As for suggesstions you need those wheels to be black......and BAD. Your tails look darker then factory as do your bumper lights in the rear. Doing your wheels black would bring it a great sense of justice all around.

QUOTE (SierraYankee99 @ Apr 22 2009, 07:17 AM)

^^ they put it there to meet saftey codes and manufacter specs. Other then that i am sure ford would save the extra money and not put them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club