Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help My Fiesta Goes Into Limp Mode When Engine Get Upto Temperature

layla

Hi can anyone help my 55 plate 1.4 tdci fiesta starts perfect but when engine is upto temp it cuts out as if fuel starvation , had new plugs ,fuel filter etc , and nothing showing on comp readings , really need some advice as garage is just going thro things to eliminate

Hi, what plugs did you have fitted, your is a diesel, so not spark plugs.

You may need to plug into an engine code reader, this should tell what your problem is

Hi mine is diesel , had plugs done, nothing showing on code reader , garage think now could be crank sensor , at a lost as to what could be the problem

sorry didn't read properly don't know what plugs were used

don't know as it is with local garage but can find out in the morning, it originally said plug fault and this was done and now nothing showing on the electrics

I had the same problem as you. It came down to a dirty turbo. If you purchase a fuel additive to specifically clean the turbo, you could save yourself a few quid. Have a google search of: limp mode turbo cleaner

I used Forte Turbo Cleaner for mine. It stopped the problem after about 50 miles.I have since used Millers Ecomax fuel additive at every fill up & my engine is so much better than it has ever been. I have 1.8td mk5 with 155000 miles. 45mpg around town, 60mpg on a run & not a puff of smoke.

Hope that helps.

martin.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club