Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy - Help !!

nickyh21

Hi all.

I purchased my Focus (2008) in July from my local Ford dealer. They replaced all four tyres before I collected it, which was very nice of them, but as soon as we started to drive it properly noticed how noisy it was. I took it back to the dealer and they said it was because the tyres were new and it would settle down. I took it back at least twice more because hubby wasn't happy with the explanation, and a mechanic friend suggested it might be the bearings, so they changed the front bearings. It was due it's MOT last week so I mentioned it again and explained that it has got progressively louder, so bad in fact that passengers in the back can't hear any conversations in the front. Also, it is noticable in that hubby knows when I'm nearly home because he can hear the car at the end of the street !! Following the MOT they said it's definitely the tyres and it's mis-aligned which is causing feathering. I asked is that because it wasn't aligned properly in the first place and they said possibly. They have offered to replace the tyres, fit them and re-align at a very good price. My point with this is, if they were incorrectly aligned in the first place should I have to pay at all ? However, I have just sent a friend out for a long drive in the car and he's not convinced it's the tyres, he has never heard of such a problem before, but he does agree it's ridiculously loud. Has anyone had any experience of this ?

i've never heard of tyres causing so much noise unless the wheels/tyres combination is rubbing somewhere.

What did the MOT person say as surely this would have come up?

I wouldnt pay a penny if the dealer caused the problem.

Also contact trading standards to see what they advise

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club