Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008+ Rear Bumper Fit A 2006 Model?

jake86

Hi,

Was wondering if the 2008 - 2010 Ford Focus rear bumpers have the same fittings at the 2004-2008 models?

Does anyone know if I can fit, say a 2009 rear bumper to my 2006 Titanium?

Many Thanks

Jake

Yes, this will fit.

As long as you got the right bumper for the body type of your car the fitment of the MK2 and MK2.5 rear bumpers will be exactly the same. On a 3/5 doors version the only problem is that the connectors of the reverse light and rear fog light are different and must be changed.

• Like 1

Thank you, I am confused though because my focus is a mk2, but when I search for the 2009 bumpers they say they are mk4, is that right?

Ford do not officially use the MK system for referring to their cars so many people that don't know the Focus very well will get it wrong.

Those of us who have a clue would refer to the parts as from a Mk2.5 or a facelift Mk2.

Dummies on eBay would refer to it as a Mk4 because they are counting each version as a seperate model rather than intermediate (facelift/.5) models.

• Like 1

What confuses me is with the Fiesta 1995-1999 is mk4 but people count the 1999-2002 as mk5 when it was basically just a facelift. I always referred to it as mk4.5

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Exactly the same principle.

Ford go purely by build year which is why if you go to them for parts they ask for your reg number.

Great thanks for the info. My next question is the connectors on the reverse and fog lights...

Alot of the bumpers dont come with the lights, so if i was to purchase them seperately would i get the connectors with them?

Im sorry - i have no idea... but i am certainly going to give this a go as my current rear bumper has been damaged.

The connecters will be part of the wiring loom of the car so you'll have to cut the old connectors off and get some from another car unless there are some adaptors available.

They are just simple 2 wires so shouldn't need a wiring diagram. :)

Tbh it doesn't matter which way round the wires go.

Even if Cree bulbs are used they have smart polarity switching.

So i managed to get a genuine mk 2.5 rear bumper complete with the reverse and fog lights attached with the parking sensors for £50!!

Although i didnt really want the parking sensors i thought this was to much of a bargain to miss... the bumper is Panther black the same colour as my car and is in mint condition with 2 deep scratches that can easily be touched up.

My question is... if i left the sensors on the bumper and un hooked the connectors on them and installed the bumper without wiring up the sensors can i wire up the sensors at a later time without having to take the bumper off again?

Yeah, I think it will be easier to put them through now and just hide them inside till you get the rest of the system but glad you got one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club