Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 2.0 Tdci 2010 Dpf Regen Problem

robin68

Help needed, I had a blocked DPF this was this was confirmed by ford dealer TC Harrison who went on to say it would need replacing at a cost of £1700. What they didn't tell me was what caused the original fault that went on to cause the blockage (other than me foolishly ignoring the engine malfunction warning)

I got the DPF cleaned, a new pressure sensor was also fitted, it was then diagnosed that the fuel vaporizer had failed exactly as shown below in the service bulletin

A new fuel vaporizer and dosing pump was fitted and all learned values cleared from the ecu and the system purged via the ford ids system, the procedure warns that you should expect to capture up to 500ml of fuel during the purge, but less than 100ml was captured. The car was then driven but as soon as the engine temp rose to normal running temperature fault code p244c was displayed ( Exhaust Temperature Too Low for Particulate Filter Regeneration Bank 1) all temperature sensors have been tested and are OK. So I now don't know what to try next.

Giving the amount of fuel collected during the purge compared to what ford suggest you should expect i am thinking that this was the original fault that killed the first fuel vaporizer and that the fuel vaporizer is still being starved of fuel preventing the DPF from getting hot enough to carry out a regent. If this is correct what could be the cause of the starvation, or could the P244c be the result of another problem?

Any suggestions will be appreciated

11/9/10 Engine malfunction warning lamp illuminated on the instrument cluster; Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P269F present 63/2010 Should a customer express concern about the engine malfunction warning lamp illuminated on the instrument cluster, the probable cause is a blown fuse due to fuel vaporizer component internal short circuit caused by a fuel vaporizer overheating. The overheating is a result of a lack of fuel in the fuel vaporizer fuel line ahead of first Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration. Furthermore Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P269F - Exhaust Aftertreatment Glow Plug Circuit/Open - is stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). To rectify this concern, a new fuel vaporizer system should be installed in reference to the instructions detailed in this bulletin. For markets where FordEtis IDS is used, connect FordEtis IDS and select the appropriate symptoms from the concern descriptions above. Follow the FordEtis IDS instructions to rectify this concern and send any related diagnostic feedback session files. Failure to follow these instructions will affect any associated warranty claim submission. For markets where FordEtis IDS is not available, rectify this concern by following the attached service repair instruction.

Sounds like a reasonable diagnosis, but I would take it back to Ford and tell them that the issue still persists.

• 2 years later...

Hi Robin. I have exactly the same fault as you had. Did u manage to find the route of the fault. 

Regards

Adam

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys 

i have the same problem too 

As far a i read in some forums the car needs to hit the highway from time to time to avoid such problems with the  DPF  

since it's self regenerating i found a tip in talkford saying that the car should be driving at 3rd gear at a speed of 50-60 for a couple miles so the DPF can regenerate and clean itself 

so far i still have the same problem and since i'm stuck 7/7 at work/school i can drive anywhere far from my homecity 

please if the diagnosis mentionned above worked please let me know 

i had a loss of power today on my way to work so i turned the car off for a while 

Restarted the engine after a couple miles heat jauge turned to 110 so i stopped the car checked water level found it a bit low than usual (which is very commun lately)

the car is still hot after 15 min > opened the water tank still very hot i added water and took it back home 

saturday morning i'm taking it to the dealer to see what wrong with it 

please any suggestions will be much appreciated

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club