Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Tdci Dpf Removal????

Panseypotter
聽Share

Hi, I hope I'm on the right page here!

I've just bought a 2006 1.6TDCi focus, with a blown turbo, I've read all the negative stuff about these engines been prone to blowing turbos one after the other, so I now know what to expect, however, after having a new turbo fitted, I've got the engine systems light illuminated on the dash, and it won't rev out beyond 3k revs, I'm told it's the DPF fault, and that I can overcome this by having it removed and then remapping the ECU, as I'm blonde and female, I don't want my leg lifting, nor do I want ripping off, please can some advise me on where to get this done, if you know of any places in North Yorkshire; preferably near Scarborough, and how much I'd be expected to pay, I'm not so much bothered how much it's going to cost, as long as it's done right and I'm not ripped off, I've seen lots of posts from people who have had theirs done, paying varying amounts, and then getting other error codes. Many thanks, Jo 馃榾

Agreed, the DPF can cause a lot of trouble, and the extra fuel it uses can have a worse enviromental impact than having it deleted, but changes to the MOT mean it will become more difficult to have your DPF removed, with a visual inspection and some sort of test to see that a DPF is present (on cars they were fitted as standard) but with only a particulate (smoke) test at the moment that a car with a DPF delete may pass anyway

I can't recommend any places in North Yorkshire, its like buying any product or service, shop around to get the best price, and check out the company(s) - are rthey well established, have premises, etc etc, DPFs will probably be sold "for off road use" now/ in the very near future

I had mine done near Bristol, so sorry that doesn't help you in Yorkshire. Prices seem to be around 拢350-400 which is about what I paid. I chose who I thought was best by reading internet forums and then phoning around a few places and asking loads of questions - you soon work out where the bs is coming from. Make sure they have done Ford Focus before and that wil reduce the risk (although they will probably all say they have). All fine since, no error codes and better performance and mpgs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club