Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Pcp Question

smfdurham

I went to test drive a a new Fiesta last week and was shown a bottom of the range one and a top of the range Focus. I had a drive of the Focus and loved it but would really like to go back and try out a top spec Fiesta as that's really the car i've got in mind (Titanium X, 1.0 Ecoboost). So fingers crossed I like the test drive, no reason why I wouldn't as the same engine in the focus seemed great (I think the salesman just wanted to sell me a Focus).

Anyway back on track...the model I want is coming in at £17,740. I've called a couple of local Ford dealers and the best price I've been offered is £15,890. However I've been offered £14,913 from a dealer miles away and I'm waiting on a price from drivethedeal which I expect will be cheaper still.

So the question is, if I go for PCP over 24 months, what happens at the end of the term? I know I can hand the car back, buy it (for about £7,800) or swap it for another but am I limited to where I can do this? For example can I swap the car for another PCP deal at a different Ford dealer to the one I bought from?

I'd pay a small premium to deal locally but not £1,000 more. Does anyone have experience with trading in one PCP car for another? Am I likely to find it difficult to get discount on the next car in 24 months time?

Thanks

Simon

You can trade in at any dealer. Hopefully if your car is worth more than you owe the excess is your deposit towards the new one. If you're in negative equity you need the pay off the difference or add the debt to the new PCP increasing the monthly payments.

Great thanks for the info

Looks like I'll be able to knock off a reasonable sum from the list price this time, am I likely to be in a worse bargaining position next time? Or will the dealer competition still be a plus?

If I'm likely to pay close to list price in 2 years then I might be better off getting a 3 year deal even though interest rates are worse

It's the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) that's important as that's what your final payment would be at the end. Say it's £6,000 and they'll give you £6,500 part ex - great that's £500 towards your new one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club