Do Not Sell My Personal Information

lost the will with my focus...

mozza32

i bought my focus tdci about 9 days ago, its 52reg 92k...i bought it from a garage...so far it has broke down....went back....they fixed it....they crashed it....they fixed it....they gave it back to me ...its broken again and the faults just keep coming....when i start it in the morning and drive away i get loads of white smoke for bout 100 yds....then it clears..is this normal , i havent had a diesel before, it also did it when i was overtaking , i looked in my mirror and could see for white smoke but it cleared as soon as i stopped accelerating hard,..garage said number 3 injector wasnt working properly and i was also having trouble getting car into gear and they said it needs a new clutch master cylinder....im fed up...could the injector be causing the smoke problem? please let me know your thoughts...i wish i could just give them the car back...lol

i bought my focus tdci about 9 days ago, its 52reg 92k...i bought it from a garage...so far it has broke down....went back....they fixed it....they crashed it....they fixed it....they gave it back to me ...its broken again and the faults just keep coming....when i start it in the morning and drive away i get loads of white smoke for bout 100 yds....then it clears..is this normal , i havent had a diesel before, it also did it when i was overtaking , i looked in my mirror and could see for white smoke but it cleared as soon as i stopped accelerating hard,..garage said number 3 injector wasnt working properly and i was also having trouble getting car into gear and they said it needs a new clutch master cylinder....im fed up...could the injector be causing the smoke problem? please let me know your thoughts...i wish i could just give them the car back...lol

Surely if you only bought it 9 days ago you can give it back... I thought you could return anything within 28 days, sale of goods act or something... maybe i'm wrong, i dont know?

For some reason everything seems to go wrong with fords at the same time... usually at around the 100,000 mark, so there could well be a whole lot more stuff ready to go wrong very soon

Find out if you can return the car... you never know maybe the garage will do some repairs pro bono if they dont want it sat on their forecourt again...

For some reason everything seems to go wrong with fords at 100,000 ??? Nonsence! I'm not saying you haven't had one and this has happened but saying it happens to all fords is rediculous. I had a mk3 Fiesta that had done 125,000 miles, the only problem i ever had was a dirty fuel filter and a new stearing knuckle on it!

Most deisels smoke when hard accelerating and the fact his smokes on start up he says, has he checked his glowplugs as one may be "dead". I had a diesel and know when i spotted smoke in my mirror in the morning it was time to check my glowplugs and go buy some new ones! ( this was due to me buying cheap crappy plugs from Halfords rather than the proper ones at 28 quid each! )

For some reason everything seems to go wrong with fords at 100,000 ??? Nonsence! I'm not saying you haven't had one and this has happened but saying it happens to all fords is rediculous.

lol fair play, but i didnt say all fords...

It is probably true to say that there is a lot of stuff, that if it hasn't gone wrong yet, is certainly a lot more likely to go after 100000. Like the engine related stuff already mentioned, exhaust, suspension, corrosion, electricals etc etc. From my own experience, and quite a few of my mates, there is nearly always some expensive/time consuming repair that needs doing an a 100000+ ford. (Maybe on other makes also...)

Was just pointing that out as the OP was considering returning the car. As he could find himself with many more repair bills over the course of the next year or two, by which time the car would definitely be non-returnable...

White smoke on startup could be injector seals. Its usually caused by air getting in and low engine temperature. Also, touchwood mines on 105,000 and no major issues. My brothers is on 130,000+ and no major issues. My old Mondeo was sold on 136,000 and never a major issue till the bloke I sold it to didnt change the cambelt when I told him it needed changing at 140,000 miles and it snapped on him at 160,000 miles. With good servicing Ford diesels are very very reliable motors. Sadly the TDCi does have its inherent problems, those being DMF failing and injector problems.

i wish i could just give them the car back...

The dealer is duty bound to try and repair it within 28 days. If the fault is looked at twice and not repaired within 28 days then you are well within your rights to take the vehicle back and demand your money back.

thanks for the replies , i am taking the car in to get the injectors and clutch master cylinder seen to on tuesday, i will be issued a courtesy car lol , i have had the courtesy car longer than my own car, i have been told i wont have my car back for a week!!! this seems like along time to do the jobs required...you will probably laugh at this but it is a great car to drive with loads of power and great fuel consumption, but im fed up with its problems but keep telling myself that it will all be fixed under warranty and i will eventually have a good car...anyway thanks again...

thanks for the replies , i am taking the car in to get the injectors and clutch master cylinder seen to on tuesday, i will be issued a courtesy car lol , i have had the courtesy car longer than my own car, i have been told i wont have my car back for a week!!! this seems like along time to do the jobs required...you will probably laugh at this but it is a great car to drive with loads of power and great fuel consumption, but im fed up with its problems but keep telling myself that it will all be fixed under warranty and i will eventually have a good car...anyway thanks again...

best of luck to you mozza. get as much done under the warranty as possible, keep well.

Also like Johnny 87 says regarding the sale of goods act, take a look at their website and while you have your car back at the garage you could explain you will be taking legal advice seeing as they`ve had the car back several times and still haven't fixed the problems. Lets face it, any problems should have been fixed before they sold the car in the first place!

( needless to say the garage will of course say there were no obvious problems whilst it was on their forecourt! )

Also like Johnny 87 says regarding the sale of goods act, take a look at their website and while you have your car back at the garage you could explain you will be taking legal advice seeing as they`ve had the car back several times and still haven't fixed the problems. Lets face it, any problems should have been fixed before they sold the car in the first place!

( needless to say the garage will of course say there were no obvious problems whilst it was on their forecourt! )

Would a dealership realistically have road tested the car enough to know what problems it has? I doubt it. Give them their due they are sorting it out when he goes back.

Any cars i`ve traded in against another car have normally been checked by the garage so they can offer a trade in price. A couple of times they`ve actually told me of things that were faulty that i didnt know of. They've then came up with a trade in amount based on the repairs to "my old car". rRealistically i doubt the garage then actually repaired my trade in and sold it as was! ( making even more money on it )

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club