Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Install In A Fiesta 1.0 80Ps

ecreative

Does anyone know if a turbo from the 100PS engine version could be fitted in an 80PS engine bay without major changes?

The reason I ask is because it's the same engine but under the bonnet it's pretty packed and tight for space!

I presume you are referring to the 1-litre 3-cylinder ecoboost and its non-turbo/ turbo variants?

Sometimes the pistons/head/ head gaskets are different on the turbo version (to lower the compression ratio) and there may be a lot of components to install (turbo/exhaust manifold/downpipe/induction system/ hoses/pipes ECU etc,etc) so all these components could get costly (i suppose you could get a donor car)

Obviously the turbo engine fits

Once you fit the 100ps you remap it to 140+ Hp, of course

Yeah I'm referring to the 3 cylinder version. There's not much online documentation on the non-turbo version but plenty of parts going spare for one on eBay from write offs. That's why I wanted to see if it's doable but I don't know anyone who's got a turbo version so I can compare against mine.

I'm just hoping as they get more common someone will find more information about this potential upgrade.

But thanks for the advice

Probably cost and time would make it an impractical nightmare.

Much simpler to change the car for a turbo version.

I would have loved the turbo one but I couldn't get one in my area at the right price but I just can't see there being major changes from non-turbo to turbo version but I'll just have to wait to see what's missing under my bonnet when I get it.

Yeah they came out Nov 2012 still better than my current 2010 1.25 I bought which is crap even though it's quicker on stats.

If you're still in the time to give your car back that would be the easiest and cheapest way I think rather than getting a whole turbo kit, remember it's not just the turbo you have to buy.. You'd be better off giving it back, shopping around properly. Have you not considered getting a second hand approved motor? I bought mine second hand from ford with 2k on the clock and saved myself around £4k from new with loads of extras with it too. I thought it's the best option to do and buying a new one depreciated like anything.

Nah I'm out of time to send it back I've already bought it and signed the paperwork. Mines a second hand one too. But it's not an issue if I can't but I thought it would be a good project to do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club