Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Replacement

karlos1987

Hi.

Just after some advice on replacing the coolant in my car.

What method would you use?

I have a 58plate focus mk2.5 1.6 petrol.

I know I'm doing it early but that's me. Lol. I always do things early.

Cheers.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers mate.

How do you empty the current coolant and how would you bleed the system after refilling?

The ford stuff is 10 year coolant so its pretty early for doing it i wouldnt use that 5 year stuff for a simple reason if you have issues it will be blamed on not using the correct stuff if you want to do the change buy the right stuff from ford.the ford system isnt easy to bleed to empty youll need to pull the bottom rad hose to refill without getting air in is the hard part ford dont pour it in the expansion cap stoney will likely know the proper process if you have the pink stuff ford would then put purple stuff in

• Like 1

That's a good find there. Thanks for that.

Not saying other makes are no good but it was a main cause of the old rover k series engine head gasket issues not using the right coolant my sisters ran 10 years with no issues vw are also very specific on coolant

Never knew that. Always thought coolant was coolant. Shows how much I knew. :lol:

That's why I like this forum. Find answers for near enough anything.

Not saying other makes are no good but it was a main cause of the old rover k series engine head gasket issues not using the right coolant my sisters ran 10 years with no issues vw are also very specific on coolant

I think the 'main' cause of the k series was down the the rubber in the gaskets failing with heat cycling. I've heard they now use a multi later steel type? That said, I have heard of a few with minorcoolant leaks that have quickly developed into head gasket failures.

I have never touched one and quite frankly never will, I'm having nothing to do with rover :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club