Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What The Hell's Happened To The Window

Stu9

An 03 1.6

I was buggering about with the windows to see if I had the total closure via the fob ie hold the switches down for 3 secs ect...now the drivers won't open. The pass one's ok, but not the drivers, they were fine tillI did this, wtf's happened

Sometimes the window motor can overheat and/or trip an overheat protection.

Have you left it for a bit and tried again?

Yep...left it for about 20mins before asking, I did it with the ig off, then tried with it on to see if it'd fix it....nope

I had my window stick just give the door a big wack on the inside to dislodge it mk1.5 focus

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Ford OC mobile app

It's not sticking, it (both) was working fine till I tried the total closure thing....That's what buggered it

Fuse ok?

Must be as the other one's working fine, unless it's separate one's.... when I press the switch I hear it click, I've obviously did something but what god knows

I think there separate does it have one touch down

Yea it does....I'll check them shortly, I hate when things like this happen and you don't know why....I just hope I've not buggered the window motor

The clicking might be the button clicking

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Ford OC mobile app

Yea it is but don't know why it's opening it...it's really bugging me, I'll check the fuses though, it's all I can do

You got it working yet ? If not try this unlock your car using the key fob, then lock it using the key fob, then keep your finger press down for a few seconds you should see you windows will close via the key fob.

When I got my new Kuga with global opening I made the same mistake to lower the windows you got to use the unlock button then press it for a few seconds you should see the windows going down. You think Ford would use one button to open and close the windows instead of using the unlock button then use the lock button to close them.

Hope this works for you.

Regards

Mad- Dog

Not but will just shortly

What I should say though....it's not a ghia ect I've got, what it was, last night I was reading about things the ST did ie this and some others. I though, ok, I'll try that ( the window closure thing) so tried this afternoon, and that's what happened

Meant to say....I allways use the fob to unlock/lock...maybe if try the key it might trigger something.....I ,ight get in at all :)

Panic over lol

Went out tonight to drop something off and forgot to check the fuses, when I started driving, I thought, right try the window...the bl00dy thing worked. Maybe it's cause it was left a while with the car locked I don't know, but I now know I've not got total closure...:(......need an ST ect before I get that luxury, oh well

Thats alright then lol

Thats alright then lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club