Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fun N Games Putting In Hid's

Stu9

On an 03....put the drivers side in switched it on (no engine) and on it came, turned the engine on ( turned the lights off first incase of overload) then turned them on...nothing, turned the engine back, they came on!

I found a dodgy connection on the pass side on the twin black wires from the lamp, put a new one on and seemed to ok. I didn't think a dodgy wire/connection on the opposite side would affect it.....and I thought French electrics were crap

Just need to see how good or bad they are at night especially on the country rds here, if they're anything as good as what I had the 306 they'll be fine, time will tell

If they're crap I might look for the proper ST xenons later

i take it you have the self levellers on the suspension and the washers as well otherwise they are now an mot fail invalidates youre insurance and illegal just saying as the cops regularly pull cars over now since most of them blind you

Proper ST ones are much better I had HIDs in my mk1 focus and iv just got an ST there so so so much brighter!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yea so I've read, they'll need to do for now though

i take it you have the self levellers on the suspension and the washers as well otherwise they are now an mot fail invalidates youre insurance and illegal just saying as the cops regularly pull cars over now since most of them blind you

Na just the bulbs, it's the h7r so supposed to cut the glare and dazzle....see how it goes, I'll take them out before an mot

Mine just passed mot with HID in they sed nothing 2 years running. I didn't had washers either. As long as there projected headlights so they don't blind people they seam to get through MOT fine

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

my mates passed the mot too didnt pass the coppers inspection though nor did they pass the mot second time round when the cops insisted a garage fix them back to standard it just depends some may get away with it some wont

the h7r stuff is rubbish they blind all the same and since its a conversion on reflectors not designed for a hid beam pattern its also dangerous

personally each to there own but i get sick of being blinded by them so i high beam them so they see what its like

I think I agree to an extent, although the hid's I had in the 306 were fine, no glare ect just a good light...this thing tonight..

A diffirent story....unless the the lamps need adjusted I good see that the height of the bean from was a bit high, but /still didn't get flashed once and plenty went by on the opposite side

But..

I got 6000's thinking they're a pure white light (I can't stand blue even a tint) and they are!!....I've emailed them and asked for them changed to either 4300 or 5

And yes they're h7r's....as they're advertised as no glare ect....load of sh.1t

As Arthur says (and the video clip) they are illegal unless in the correct headlight units that are designed for zenon bulbs.

Self levelling units and washers are also required to make them legal but if the bulbs are fitted to the correct lenses then you are less likely to be noticed and pulled over.

MOT compliance is the clincher though.

I know they are, I had then in my 306 for 2 yrs and not one hiccup, not saying it'll be the same with this, if they're no good I'll maybe look for the ST xenons and get the wiring made up, but see what happens

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club