Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possibly a stupid question but....

Drunknmunky

Hi

Ive had my new fiesta for a week now, just wondering when you guys think its best to give a wash and clean it? Ive bought a few bits and pieces of autoglym cleaning stuff, just dont know when its a good time time to clean it etc. Thanx

Ad give it a wash as it needs so :P

If its anything like todays heat i would leave it until its a bit cooler :D

That is actually a good ques because alot of plp do it all completly wrong.

As for time of day it is always best to wash it without direct sun and when the panels of the car are not hot, so a good time would be evening or a dry but cloudy day. Don't for get to use a wash mit DO NOT use a sponge or you will put swirl marks all over your new car. There is loads of other do's and don't but time of day and wash mit is a good start. Oh yeah I am a big fan of Meguiars products you can't go wrong with them.

If car detailing is something you want to get into then PM me and I will send you a full instructional sheet.

Steve

il find the link to my cleaning thread that i put up somewhere.

I always do my car around 6/7 in the evening in a shaded spot on my drive.

As for how often i normally clean it every 2 weeks after giving it a massive detail, il do that for 6 months then give it another full detail.

I always use a mixture of wash mits and sponge. I would only ever recommend the zymol sponge which is great. Also use the 2 bucket method to prevent swirls

good quality wax

Good prep work before you put the wax on and you are sorted for 5/6 months.

Personally i always recommend dodo juice products and also have a few chemical guys things which are great.

I washed mine after 10 days cos it had been bird pooped twice and i didnt want the paint damaging. I bought a sponge for the wheels and a wash mitt for the washing. Used Autoglym bodywash shampoo and conditioner and autoglym aqua wax. I think it looks fine. But I wasnt sure what I would need 2 buckets for. I have autoglym paint renovator which I am not sure I will ever need. What about an Autoglym polish? Should I do that?

That is actually a good ques because alot of plp do it all completly wrong.

As for time of day it is always best to wash it without direct sun and when the panels of the car are not hot, so a good time would be evening or a dry but cloudy day. Don't for get to use a wash mit DO NOT use a sponge or you will put swirl marks all over your new car. There is loads of other do's and don't but time of day and wash mit is a good start. Oh yeah I am a big fan of Meguiars products you can't go wrong with them.

If car detailing is something you want to get into then PM me and I will send you a full instructional sheet.

Steve

An Instructional sheet is probably something we all need - can you attach it or post it here? Would appreciate it in any case!

My Fiesta is coated in Diamondbrite, What sort of shampoo/polish should I be using?

My Fiesta is coated in Diamondbrite, What sort of shampoo/polish should I be using?

The whole idea with Diamondbrite is you don't need polish, just a wash. Have they given you the shampoo and conserver, because they should have done. If not, get back to the dealer and demand it, especially at the prices they charge for it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club