Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

I went a bit mental. Dab/nav, climate, auto lights and wipers, heated seats and parking sensors. My first ever brand new car so i thought i might as well get exactly what i wanted. Having second thoughts about privacy glass but i may get it done separately if i still fancy it.

I went a bit mental. Dab/nav, climate, auto lights and wipers, heated seats and parking sensors. My first ever brand new car so i thought i might as well get exactly what i wanted. Having second thoughts about privacy glass but i may get it done separately if i still fancy it.

Yes, auto lights / wipers as well. Same reasons as you, I'm going to keep the car for five years so it needs to be right. Also had the same dilema about the glass but can always get it done later, and it would be cheaper.

Me too 5 yrs minimum. Let us know what your initial thoughts are.

Yes, auto lights / wipers as well. Same reasons as you, I'm going to keep the car for five years so it needs to be right. Also had the same dilema about the glass but can always get it done later, and it would be cheaper.

I don't know about the UK but in SA the privacy glass helps alot, not only for privacy but for our blazing sun, It hit 42 degrees here yesterday and I can asure you the tinted glass helped alot, I have the smash and grab as well just for the safety part.

In the UK those levels of sun are somewhat rare😕. I did wonder whether the black roof might make tge interior hotter than a plain red one. I have owned a couple of black cars with dark interiors and even with our climate they got pretty hot in the sun.

I saw a red edition this morning with some nice looking HIDs, it's strange how whenever I see those kind of lights on a car I assume it's an expensive Merc or Audi, until I can see clearly what car it is. Unless it's a 15 year old Corsa with the bluest HIDs the driver could find, I see quite a few of those unfortunately...

Lol surprised you could see the bluest Corsa I usually get blinded with a hint of blue stuck in my retina lol

• Like 1

Lol surprised you could see the bluest Corsa I usually get blinded with a hint of blue stuck in my retina lol

Yeah, I was going to say those Corsas hurt my eyes, and not just because of the HIDs lol.

• Like 1

At least it wasn't just my car that had a 4 month wait then. I pretty much ticked every optional extra except heated seats & city stop.

Tinted glass although not a requirement in the UK I think is more of a style requirement.

Whenever I see a zetec S without privacy glass I think it looks like there's something missing.

I know what you mean about how they look. I'm still going to wait and see what it looks like without i think and get them done aftermarket if i'm not happy without. 4 months is a hell of a wait.

Just driven the 150 miles back from Wales, and it's brilliant. The sat nav found some "interesting" roads, so a perfect trip for the new car...

Didn't realise that it would make a decent noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Great car and the engine is amazing... But that 3 cylinder thrum is something else and totally addictive! Like a mini Impreza!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

It is a bit boxer engine'esqe.. Going to treat it with a bit if care over the first few hundred miles. But easy to tell the difference from a 125 engine.

It is a bit boxer engine'esqe.. Going to treat it with a bit if care over the first few hundred miles. But easy to tell the difference from a 125 engine.

Hey Dan. Mine's not here yet but we were discussing running in today and hearing some conflicting things. Some have said it loosens up considerably, some have said it's just not required anymore. I'll probably keep it the right side of 4k for a little bit but if you wouldn't mind can you post your impressions of how the engine beds in as you put a few more miles on it?

When standing still the engine can't be revved over 4k ish rpm.

Just don't "labour" the motor, use a gear that lets the engine Rev rather than labour... I'm keeping mine "quiet" for now but these cars will EASILY hit the rev limiter and you do need to keep an eye on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yep, generally common sense I think. Pretty happy that I had a chance to run it over 150 miles on the first day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yeah I had read that. Good idea. I guess my point is it is interesting that with design tolerances etc you don't really get the same warnings around keeping it at 55 for the first 1000 miles like the old days but it's still interesting how performance, mpg and other characteristics can change when an engine is new.

Finaly my black edition is back from the hospital. And are working again.. was some loose wires in the fusebox that was !Removed! up everything in my car,

Working like a charm now.. did put on some vinyl today also.. now i only need some better exhoust and my summer rims on..

post-61790-0-11265600-1421505520_thumb.j

post-61790-0-08270700-1421505524_thumb.j

post-61790-0-49874300-1421505526_thumb.j

post-61790-0-35200200-1421505529_thumb.j

post-61790-0-40739000-1421505531_thumb.j

post-61790-0-38251100-1421505533_thumb.j

Glad it's sorted, annoying but little things like this do happen and at least you can now enjoy the car.

Stickers look good, not sure about the ST badges though, DMB are doing some BLACK edition badges for the back and steering wheel.

thatnk.. but the st light stickers are there just for the irony.. not happy with the side vinyls..

I like the ST light thing, that's kind of what it is lol. Also not sure about the vinyls, but it's a good idea trying to add more red to match the existing red parts, maybe a more subtle vinyl like the Mountune one would look better:

b299_135_hdr.jpg

well what i dont like with mine is that dmb did not do a good job designing the side strips..

Hi all. Ordered a Red edition, with (free) option to not have contrasting colors (so all red), anyone who has experience with that? I've been searching photos on the net but haven't found any of it. Living in Belgium, delivery time is estimated at 8 weeks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club