Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

On a random note, I detailed my red edition this weekend. Here's some pictures...

post-60136-14221894046_thumb.jpgpost-60136-142218942839_thumb.jpgpost-60136-142218944398_thumb.jpgpost-60136-142218946763_thumb.jpgpost-60136-142218951089_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

V nice. Red calipers would look great.

My daughters "Red" stands on the drive, dirty inside and out... Unloved and looking sad.

Same as my wife's grey "Metal"...

My "Black" however, still looks awesome!post-48438-142218981565_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

That's a shame! I bet a shiny red and black next to each other would look awesome.

I must admit, the calipers do look like they need spraying. How much would this cost and where would I get it done?

Did my own cost £8 for red heat resistant paint.

post-48438-14221911739_thumb.jpg

They look really good. Did you remove the calipers? Or mask off the discs etc?

You have to take the calipers off.

Remove the brake pads and rough up the original paint so the new paint sticks. I didn't use a primer as I didn't have any heat resistant but the new paint covered well. I took my time and kept red paint off everything else.

Leave time for the paint to dry between coats, I put 6 coats on mine.

A rare occasion, all 4 Fiestas at home!

post-48438-142219813476_thumb.jpg

Anyone would think you have your own ford showroom.

Just 2 sons in law working at Bristol Street Motors in Stoke haha!

Hi guys!

Got my Red Edition Fiesta around a week ago and love it! Been driving 5 years and only had a 1.2 Clio and 1.2 Corsa, so its great to have something with more accelaration and power to overtake!

Just one question, All along I've been told and read that these are very economical cars and cheap on fuel etc.

Why when I fill up with a full tank does the screen read "290 miles to 0"? Surely to god I should be getting alot more miles out of my car than that? I got 340-350 out my 1.2 Corsa! Obviously I haven't got to the end of the tank so purely going by the cars calculations.

Ant ideas? Maybe I'm being an idiot....

That is purely based on your current average mpg which may or may not be accurate if you've just reset/started the avg mpg calc.

On a reasonably economical tank I would expect you to get between 350-400 miles.

I usually get around 320 but I have a fairly heavy right foot.

It's a sad fact but an undeniable one, that the power and delivery characteristics of the Ecoboost engine make using it quite addictive.

It's fun and we all have some urge to zap along a bit.

Now those older cars you had didn't have that zap did they?

That's the trade off... Driving a non turbo car can be very boring.... But a turbo equipped engine will cost you some fuel.

I'm happy with 43 to a gallon.

What miles you get to a tankful depends on the tank capacity too remember.

Enjoy the car or drive it like a granny... Sorry but that's about it.

I've seen people claiming genuine 54mpg.... But they won't be wazzing it for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

All depends what sort of driving you're doing.

I've just changed jobs and my previous commute was 20 miles across Leeds to Bradford, so a mix of city driving and motorway. I was getting an average of about 40 mpg and about 350 to a tank.

Now I'm driving 40 miles on the A1 and my mpg is now 44 and I'm getting about 400 miles to a tank.

I've found that changing gear when the indicator tells you to improves fuel efficiency and the engine doesn't labour.

Thrash it about and you'll definitely see the effect on your mpg.

I'm quite happy knowing that I've got a car that'll perform when I need it to whether that be on fuel efficiency or having a bit of a "play".

Perfectly put

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Hey fiesta owners!

Just a quick question if anyone has an opinion.

Looked at a black ZS 140 and been quoted £15,000 for the car with DAB and privacy glass. That is £246 over 24 months with a £1000 deposit and £500 allowance from Ford.

Does this seem like a good deal in comparison to people in similar circumstances?

Understand if people don't want to share their full details.

Thanks

Go through drivethedeal.com - you will get a much cheaper price then that

I haven't had mine a week yet but looks like I am going to get about 380 miles out of my first tank

Will probably be a totally different story once I am done 'running it in' :lol:

I was told the same but only had to wait 8 weeks

The wait should only be the length of time from order to delivery, so could be even quicker than 8 weeks if a car with the correct spec is/has been built already. If you ask a dealer what the delivery time is on the car you want, it shouldn't take any longer though Drive The Deal or any other site unless they are doing something wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a dealer that already had access to one with this spec. Mine is exactly the same and was the first to be delivered to the dealer as it is basic spec for the model.

Ring the relevant dealer and ask as drive the deal will save you a considerable amount of money.

Ordered mine just before Christmas. Pick up on 1st March. Spec is dab with nav, parking sensors, heated seats, cruise, auto lights and wipers, eatc. £15100. Cash sale so don't know what finance would be on it.

Should have said it is red not a black. That would probably have added £500ish to the price.

ordered mine 21 nov 2014 got mine 1 des.. just love that little rat

Base price at DTD is £12.5k.. So you can work from there to see if it's a good deal. My car with options was £13k.

Friend went into a ford dealer on Friday and was told that they were no longer available. Can't be right, but May be worth checking.

dfriel2, your friend wasn't totally mislead. As these are technically a limited edition like the 'metal' model was, there is only a small allocation per dealer. The dealer I got mine from was allowed to sell three whilst another dealer I spoke to was only allocated two.

Perhaps the dealer your friend went to had used up their allocation?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club