Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Range - Red & Black Editions

D13 HPD 95

Nice colour, I would paint those 15" black, think it would look very nice with the black roof

Wowsers crazy figures on that bluefin. Mine's a lease so sucks to be me but still very interested in how that works out for people.

I suspect when mountune release a map, it'll be nearer the 150bhp mark..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Already 140.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

I suspect when mountune release a map, it'll be nearer the 150bhp mark..

Agreed, Mountune will play it safe if they can even think of an MP remap

I have a spanking new Red Edition and feel very tempted to order the Bluefin remap to try it out. I see someone saying they'll wait to see what Mountune has in store, but is it really dangerous to the car in any way this Bluefin remap? They seem to know what they're talking about and I know of a couple of people here in Norway who has used their tech with great "success" in the past albeit not on Fiestas. Will I ruin my hardware?

It's a personal choice isn't it.

Ford spent a lot making these cars perform as they do, if it had been easy to get more with no risk maybe they would have.

Though they might not have wanted to make them compete with the ST

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I have a spanking new Red Edition and feel very tempted to order the Bluefin remap to try it out. I see someone saying they'll wait to see what Mountune has in store, but is it really dangerous to the car in any way this Bluefin remap? They seem to know what they're talking about and I know of a couple of people here in Norway who has used their tech with great "success" in the past albeit not on Fiestas. Will I ruin my hardware?

If it was my car I wouldn't, just because you void the warranty and are probably more likely to need a warranty with extra stress on the engine and gearbox.

I would of thought 175bhp would require more then just a remap

I agree with these guys. But wait and see if Mountune release an MP remap, warranty isn't voided this way.

Guys it's not 175bhp with a remap... if you notice the link it has a power graph ...

Superchips commented on its fb page this : "The headline figures relate to the point at which the difference between standard and modified is greatest. Usually the gains are greatest in the mid-range, where they are more useful more of the time. If you look at the release and the power curves you will see that we state the revs at which these gains apply."

Now though i want to ask... has anyone noticed-tried the pumaspeed remap? If so please do tell us! :D

They're impressive power-curves though still imo! Look at that torque curve when the stock map levels off.

Interesting that the standard car is making 146bhp.. That's a good chunk over quoted max stated by ford.

Interesting that the standard car is making 146bhp.. That's a good chunk over quoted max stated by ford.

Overboost

Well... I logged my ride and a ZS mostly to measure boost... turns out black edition has around 1 psi more than the ZS one... and that's wonderful because ford manages to squeeze 15-20 hp more from the 1.0l without increasing the boost pressure of the turbo... And that's the reason the 140hp version gets more hp from just a remap...after all all 1.0l's run with the same turbo ;)

So that being said, go for it if you trust superchips... In Greece it doesn't have a good name and I myself think I'm gonna go for the Pumaspeed remaps... it's a shame that noone has an opinion about them :(

I have leased the Black edition from Ford and it is superb. Came with 8 miles on the clock and now up to over 600. absolutely superb car. I test drove the Black, the ST-3 and the 125 bhp eco boost. All three were good cars but the Black was a beautiful balance of speed, comfort, economy, fun and power. We needed a small second car as the Mrs has a big 4WD which we use for family outings and this eco boost ticked all the boxes. I have not timed it, but the 0-62mph time feels a bit quicker than what Ford publish and is certainly quicker than the Mondeo Titanium X Sport 163bhp turbo diesel we sold on. Anyway, the car puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it, which is as often as is possible, and (I never thought I would say this) I am totally sold on a 3 cylinder 1 litre engine. Awesome.

• Like 1

So I'm still sat here patiently waiting for the arrival of my Red Edition. Was on quality hold, its now in the country from Belgium, its left the port & good knows where now. but the dealers expecting it any day! I've been told that for the last two weeks!!!!

Anyway something i wanted to ask you owners is what MPG do you achieve? I know that the Ford 60+mpg is absolute rubbish like every car Ford give MPG figures for. & I know you'll all drive differently & on different routes, but just wanted a more accurate figures on this.

Cheers

Jayson

My current average mpg is 43.5 after about 4,000 miles. However my driving is mainly motorway commuting.

Cheers guys, a decent return then! was expecting something around the 40 mark. Different subject but how do you find it on motorway journeys? I read that its a little noisy & could of done with a 6th gear?

Having come from a car with six gears, I don't find it an issue. 5th gear is long... But the car has enough torque to make it useable.

My first 1500 miles has returned 43mpg.

Cheers guys, a decent return then! was expecting something around the 40 mark. Different subject but how do you find it on motorway journeys? I read that its a little noisy & could of done with a 6th gear?

From what I've heard the gears with the 1.0L are so long that it's 5th gear is similar to the 6th gear in some other cars, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The red edition has different gearing, certainly in 3rd and 4th.. Makes it significantly quicker than a mountune 125 version.

Had mine just over 2 weeks, real mixture of driving, averaging 41mpg but I have not been driving it particularly economically as you would expect with a new car!! I don't miss 6th gear at all. On motorway it is really comfortable and quiet. Some tyre rumble that's it unless you give it some beans! Top car magazine say it is 5th best car you can buy in UK. I agree!!

on another matter my mp3 won't work in usb slot, anyone got any ideas?

Had mine just over 2 weeks, real mixture of driving, averaging 41mpg but I have not been driving it particularly economically as you would expect with a new car!! I don't miss 6th gear at all. On motorway it is really comfortable and quiet. Some tyre rumble that's it unless you give it some beans! Top car magazine say it is 5th best car you can buy in UK. I agree!!

on another matter my mp3 won't work in usb slot, anyone got any ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club