Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Sound From Behind Dash

SandyCat

This is a bit odd!

Coming into work this morning I turned the radio off and after a few minutes heard this strange noise above the sound of the engine from behind the dash sounded like the right hand side near the steering wheel. It lasted a second and stopped. I thought it was keys against my knee.

A short while later it did it again and lasted a second or two. The best way I can describe it is imagine thumbing through a pack of cards except the cards are metal. It was like a metallic sound and nothing like I have heard before. The a/c was not on and even the fan wasn't on. In fact nothing was on.

I wondered if it was maybe a leaf stuck in the vents so I turned the fan on full bout it didn't do it again and it didn't sound leaf like.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard similar?

Could be your cat, it's basically behind your dash! I wouldn't think anything behind your dash would be making a metallic noise such as you described :S

if you have EATC then this could be the system shutting down. I have a not too dissimilar noise on my Mondy.

OK thanks. I have had the car for 18 months now and never heard it before and the radio is only on 50% of the time so I was a bit worried it was something new playing up. I will listen out to see if it happens again.

I have 1.6 titanium tdci and every now and then I get that sound no idea what it is . It seems to do it more when its hot.

Hmmm well it's never done it again - so far !

from what I gather for EATC is normal and not problematic behaviour. I believe its the system shutting down and is just things like the vent positions resetting.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club