Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 No Dash, Side Or Tailgate Lights!

gmjones

Please Help!

This is my first post on here so hoping someone will have the answer. I have a 53plate 1.4DCI Fiesta. Had a few bulbs go so replaced them along with a fuse under glove compartment and all seemed well. However a day after replacing bulbs I go to turn my side lights on and normally the dash lights up but nothing. So got out of car and noticed side lights and rear tailgate lights not working. Front Dipped and Main beam working along with front and rear fogs. Also all break lights working. Does anybody have any ideas? I checked all the fuses in the glove compartment and all seem OK.

The other thing I notice is when I leave the lights on I have no audible noise when keys left in with no engine running!

Thanks in advance

Gareth

I'd say clean the earth points, probably corroded and makes lights go funny in the first instance, remove the battery earth and clean it, reattach, same for BOTH rear light earths, they will just be anchored down behind the lights somewhere.

Recheck all the fuses to do with the side lights, it would be strange for all the individual earths to fail for all the items mentioned and if the battery earth was corroded the car wouldn't start.

Hi Mark

I checked all the fuses last night and even replaced the 7.5amp fuses linked with side lights. I don't think its an earth issue as you said its affecting all those parts.

Clean the Earth, one dead earth will affect more than one light, I've had cars before with dodgy earth and everytime I braked it made the fog light icon flash up on the dash board, the rest of the dash lights dimmed and the indicators came on all at once, cleaned one earth didn't do the other then whenever I braked none of the lights worked and the fog light still came back.

Costs nothing to do it.

I'll give the earths a clean but doing a lot of surfing it seems like the actual light switch could be the fault. As the first click on the switch activates the side lights, rear lights, interior dash light.

Cleaned all the earths but still not working so I took the light switch out last night. Does anybody know what pins are used for the side lights (1st position) so I can check them with a meter? I also notice when I switch to the first position I don't here a relay click under the dash where as position 2 you can hear a relay clicking.

Anybody know where I can get a circuit diagram of the pins on the switch?

I don't own a Haynes manual but would it show this in the book? If anyone has a Haynes manual for a 2003 fiesta would they be able to take a look to see if this circuit diagram exists. Thanks in Advance!

Thanks to Dan62 to help sort this problem!

F17 (15A) had actually blown so changed it and then one of the side lights 7.5Amp blew again. So I took the rear cluster out and noticed that one have the cables had jammed with the screw (Bad design why the screw is so close to the connecter if you ask me!) I know you supposed to perhaps do screw then connector but it jammed somehow! So put some insulation tape around it and I'm now cooking on gas!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club