Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Replaced A Master Brake Cylinder

screamer

well, the garage did, (58 plate fiesta)

just wondering, i replaced the disc's & pads, took the cap off of the reservoir, gently squeezed back the pistons.

not long after that, say 6 months, i started to get a wee squeak from the brakes, lightly touching the brake pedal would stop it, but it gradually got worse, so garage it was.

got told they think it was the MBC, they've replaced it (also cleaned/greased the brakes from & back) and it seems to have done the trick

just wondering if this has happened to anybody, as mechanics at my work (offshore) are saying it would've been highly unlikely the MBC

?

A squeak on the brakes that goes with slight pressure applied to the pedal is more than likely nothing more than the pads. Take them out, apply copper grease to the backs and pop back in. At the very worse, maybe a new set of pads.....?

As said above, sounds like they took you for a ride changing the master cylinder. Also a lot of brake systems have anti squeal shims behind the pads which can lose effectiveness over time.

A squeak on the brakes that goes with slight pressure applied to the pedal is more than likely nothing more than the pads. Take them out, apply copper grease to the backs and pop back in. At the very worse, maybe a new set of pads.....?

As said above, sounds like they took you for a ride changing the master cylinder. Also a lot of brake systems have anti squeal shims behind the pads which can lose effectiveness over time.

i had both sets of front pads out when they started squeaking, greased up and replaced, still the same squeak

i'll check to see if it has been replaced

The MBC or master brake cylinder applies hydraulic pressure to the braking system via vacuum cylinder and your foot on the pedal, it cannot cause just squeaking at the wheels. If it isn't doing its job, you'll know as the brakes will be less effective, or even ineffective.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club